“Great for a bite to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 679 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Sandwiches, Hamburgers
Ocala, Florida
“Great for a bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Though the parking situation is less than favorable (having to park across the busy street for overflow), the wait was minimal (<10 minutes), and the food was good. I enjoyed my time here and I'd likely come back for another visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tallahassee, Florida
“Enjoyable place. Chairs a little tight on wider hips though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

A group of friends met at Midtown Caboose for dinner and drinks after work on a Thursday early evening. We shared appetizers of Buffalo Chicken Dip and Crab Rangoon. The apps were delish! Everyone chose either a burger, wrap, or sandwich and from what I heard everyone was pleased with the food.

The ladies night drink special included 1/2 price beer, wine, and well liquors. The specialty drinks were fun and well made.

The chairs for seating however, left much comfort to be desired. Anyone with wider hips may want to request a booth as the chairs do not accommodate larger hips.

We didn't venture outside to the deck so I can't speak to that.

Overall a good experience. Next time I'll be sure to ask for a booth though.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Dinner alone not far from home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Cheesesteak burger. Average flavor from another Wells Brothers attempt to be creative at a premium price. Service was warm and efficient. I will go back to Monk's which is operated by the same owners. Both restaurants are close to where I reside in Midtown.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Dirty Glasses Indifferent Waiter But Not Giving Up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

A dear friend and I met at the Midtown Caboose neither having visited yet and both fans of Paradise Grille, the Tallahassee landmark the Caboose replaced. We decided to sit on the covered deck but did not want to be in the direct path of the setting sun and asked to sit at a table where two tables were pushed together. We were told we could not sit there that those tables were saved for larger groups--later I watched them slide one of the tables away and seat a party of three. We were placed at one of the two tables for four at which we were "allowed" to be seated. Our waiter was very aloof and did not seem like he wanted to be there. No smile, no pleasantries, just robotic. I was served a glass of wine in a glass covered with what appeared to be soap scum and asked for a clean glass; I was give another glass of wine in an equally dirty glass which made me wonder if it was a new glass or the previous one poured into another soap scum covered glass. On the positive side, the hummus we ordered was some of the best I have had. Served with a bit of spring mix and chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. Some of the food I saw others served looked very nice. I am hoping it was just a bad day at the Caboose and I will return but urge management to speak to their wait staff and hostesses. If someone would like to sit somewhere, let them sit there. Don't have your first impression of a restaurant be a "no, you can't sit there." Clean glasses are not a detail--it sends a message as to the cleanliness of the establishment. The Caboose has not been open that long and perhaps there are still adjustments to be made. I am big supporter of local businesses and hope to go back to the Midtown Caboose and confirm that my first visit was just an off day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, United States
“Good food but. . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I ate here with my wife and three friends on a recent Sunday afternoon. As others have said, the food was great. My burger was wonderful and the sweet potato fries on the side were a delight. There does not seem to be enough parking for the size of the restaurant, but I was lucky enough to get the last spot in the lower lot. I was placed at the end of a table made for four people and sat on a chair about the size of the ones in my granddaughter's kindergarten class. The tables are so close together that we had a bit of a claustrophobic experience. It's a bit of a shame that the facility doesn't match the quality of the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food