“Great value, lovely property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #1 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando
“Great value, lovely property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here while dropping our daughter off at FSU.
The room was very clean, quiet and the location, while not close to campus, was beautiful and peaceful. So many Tallahassee hotels have complaints about the ouse and traffic, so we opted to stay a little further out for some peace and quiet.
Good decision. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel was awesome and the day time staff were great, but the reason that I'm giving the hotel an average rating is because of the staff that checked us in at 2am. There was no line and no one in the hotel lobby except one more person who was also waiting on the front desk staff to actually do her job. It took 25 minutes to check-in simply because the staff was either incompetent or simply lazy. This definitely does not reflect the awesome staff that checked us out the next day. Action definitely needs to be taken against the lady that checked us in on the very early morning of August 17th. Otherwise, great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear motivatedchampion ,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
St. Marys
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

These properties are geared towards the business travelers who are staying a long period of time. There are plates, utensils, pot and other items, stuff you normally will not find in a hotel. Which is great. the only problem I faced was the dang internet speed. This is a major issue for me and that's why I am giving you three star rather than five stars. The internet speed was just terrible. It was almost as bad as dial up, but at least dial up is consistent. I have to logon to remote computers via internet big part of my work, could not even establish a connection using your internet. I had to use my own mifi. Please upgrade the internet speeds at the hotel !

Room Tip: Don't count on the internet at the evening times!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about our property. I was pleased to see your comments in regards to our suites, but concerned about your internet speed. We currently subscribe to 7mb upload and 7mb download speeds. After reading your review, I have contacted our internet provider to run a diagnostic on our building to see what our peak speed is and to recommend a specific increase to our bandwidth.

I want to make sure you know that we appreciate all comments from our guests, and if it is something we can control, we will do our best to improve where we can.

On your next trip to Tallahassee, please stop by and say hello, and feel free to use our "soon to be" much faster internet. I am also going to share your comments with our IT group so they may have a better understanding of our guests needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is very accommodating, Mon-Thurs they have a free dinner where all the hotel guest get to know one another.They have a great lake with faux alligator heads(which is entertaining for the children) and lake is filled with turtles,ducks,and fish. Also, they have a pool,basketball court, volley ball, and a pool. If you have dirty laundry you can also wash for free! The staff is wonderful, and one of the staff's daughter plays guitar and sings every Wednesdays!We will come back the next time we're in Tallahassee:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words in your review. I love the gator heads too. They are actually there to manage the birds. Because the gators are natural enemies of birds, we put them there to scare off the water foul to give our baby fish time to mature and grow. Although the kids love them and tell us fun stories of the 4 gators we have and how they move about. LOL.

I will share your comments about our entertainment on Wednesdays with Ellie. She performs in different spots around town and is so much fun. She is the daughter of our Food and Beverage Supervisor and does a great job.

We look forward to your return trip.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I drove from West Texas to South Florida with 2 kids and we spent one night at this hotel. It was clean, pet friendly, and had plenty of space for all of us. I think it gave me the best bang for my buck of any hotel that I've stayed in in the last 10 years. It has beautiful grounds, is close to a grocery store and a really good Chinese takeout place (Eastern Pearl). The breakfast was fresh, well-stocked and delicious. It was such a relief to stop at a nice hotel on a long and exhausting trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites for three nights during my daughter’s college orientation in Tallahassee. We arrived after 10 p.m. after a long drive from the Key West, Florida road weary and ready for bed. Since this was our first stay at a Staybridge property we weren’t sure of what to expect. The night staff pleasantly greeted us upon arrival and quickly checked us in. The hotel lobby was immaculate and we were more than satisfied with our room. Our suite was spacious, clean and well kept. Each staff member we encountered during our entire stay was courteous and extremely pleasant. The property is well maintained with a beautiful lake. They even provide fishing rods for visiting anglers. During breakfast the dining area was spotless with staff quickly cleaning tables, wiping down counters and resupplying the buffet. One of the dining room staff was gracious enough to talk us through the waffle making process and made us feel at home each morning. (I wish I could have gotten his name). What a wonderful property, but the stars of this show is the staff. We checked out on Thursday morning and headed to Alabama for a few days. Friday afternoon while shopping, my wife realized her wallet was missing. It contained credit cards, her driver’s license and her military ID. We immediately cancelled all of her cards. After a lot of mental back tracking we last recalled her having it in our hotel room before we checked out. My wife called and asked if her wallet had been found, it had not. She was told to call back Saturday morning when the housekeeping supervisor would be back at work. Upon calling Saturday we found out the housekeeping supervisor (Terry) had my wife’s wallet! We informed management we were coming back through Tallahassee on our way back to Key West and they kept the wallet under lock and key for us. We returned to Staybridge Suites to retrieve the wallet and found every thing still in it! What a great end to and wonder stay. Staybridge, keep up the good work. A lot of other properties could learn from your customer service. Your staff members are rock stars! Because our daughter will be calling Tallahassee home for the next 4 years, Staybridge will be our second home when we come to visit. Keep our room ready!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WOW!

This is such a nice review. Our staff works so hard to keep your property the best it can be and part of that is not only our physical building and suites, but also our team members. Guests safety and security are our primary concern and it warms my heart to hear this is trickling down to our guest services. I was so happy you were able to stop by and pick up her wallet on your way back down.
I am communicating your review with our team and will certainly give our Housekeeping staff extra Kudos on a job well done. All of our guests comments are very important to us, and sharing ones like these make me so proud to work with such a wonderful group of people.
As a new FSU parent, we welcome you back anytime you choose, but keep in mind, those football game weekends and special events get super busy. Just think of us as your Tallahassee Lake House.

Have a great day and please tell your wife it was our pleasure.
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Jon the hotel manager was excellent with a friendly greeting, quick explanation of the property and warm customer service!

Our room smelled fresh and was at perfect temp - not too cold. We raided the gift shop downstairs which had a good assortment of items.

We loved the fish feeding experience and large lakeside area complete with LARGE checkers floor, grill areas and walking trail.

The only recommendation is to upgrade the eggs - tasted more like something from camp. The rest of the breakfast buffet was in keeping with this funtastic hotel.
Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East? Share your experiences!