“Extremely pleased!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Extremely pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I am an employee of IHG which Staybridge is part of and I must say that I am extremely happy with my experience with this hotel. Even though it was off our path by about 15 minutes, it was worth the drive. From the first call with Terry and Lynne, i knew this was a good choice. My husband, my 3.5 yr old and our 7 month old had plenty of space and had a delightful view of the lake. The breakfast had lots of choices and was well maintained. After breakfast we walked down the dock and fed the fishes.
What a treat to be able to enjoy the grounds of the hotel. Overall, this hotel definitely deserves trip advisors top honor 2 years running! We will see next time we come to Tallahassee.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This place seemed brand new or is very well-maintained. The free breakfast was a great continental breakfast (boiled eggs, hot waffles, and berries were my faves) with good coffee. They kept it well-stocked not only during the the main rush, but (here's where they get major love) also for the late stragglers. The rooms come with a set of utensils and pots and pans if you want to cook. The weight room was equipped with enough weight that I could get by, and I work out relatively heavy.

The grounds are great with a gorgeous lake. To give you an idea of the aesthetic, there were people taking wedding pictures there. It is a bit outside of the main part of town, however, but I will stay there again in a heartbeat. For what you get for what they charge, it hits the sweet spot in terms of value.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side will have a view of the little lake and fountain.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We arrived at this lovey and quite new 3 star Inn during a driving rainstorm after a tough stormy 300 miles. We had a reservation and a written confirmation that specified a "king suite with one king bed" We had booked it exactly 2 months in advance. It had never occurred to us that a 3 star inn - part of the Holiday Inn family - would not have a hot tub, a real disappointment. An even greater disappointment was that they had no rooms available that fit our confirmed reservation, there being a wedding or something going on. Further, they suggested that "a king suite with a queen bed in it" is the equivalent of what we had reserved. (It is not when you are 6 feet tall and weight 290 pounds) When shown the language on the written confirmation the clerk was embarrassed and indicted that these queen rooms had been sold that way for some time, they were sorry but their hands were tied. We accepted the room, and it truly was a beautiful spacious room, but the bed, although a very good bed, was not a king bed. In fairness to the staff, but not to the management of this hotel who clearly knew about the miss-naming of the rooms, we were given a reduced rate and later answered a knock at our door to find ourselves the recipient of 2 dozen red roses and a bottle of chilled champagne in recognition of our being on our 50th wedding anniversary trip. It is hard to stay mad at a hotel that treats you that way, but still, their miss-describing the rooms cannot go un-noted..

Room Tip: Do not count on your written reservation.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay with us. I was so happy to see that our team recongnized the issue and reduced the room rate to compensate, but even more happy that our team went and got Roses and Champagne to boot!
None of this however makes up for the room type reserved not being available when you arrived. I was made aware of this issue after you checked in that evening. The next work day, my team and I inspected all rooms to ensure they matched with what is in our system in regards to type of bed. We did find the discrepancy and have ordered the correct bedding to match our system and it should arrive the first week in April. This will be corrected and it will match perfectly now.
It is unfortunate that this incident happened and I wanted to take a moment and thank you for brining this to my attention. If it were not for caring guests such as yourself, we would not be given the opportunity to correct any challenge we are faced with.

Thank you again, and if your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, please contact me directly. I would love to assist with your next reservation.
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night while in Tallahassee to do a helicopter tour with Tallahassee Helicopters. We didn't have a reservation when we got there, but the front desk was extremely friendly and accommodating. We got a queen bed suite on the floor of our choice. Unfortunately, there were no lake views available, as it is a very beautiful property to stay on. It was a quiet stay. We didn't use a lot of the amenities, but there is free wifi, cable with dvd player, a pool, gym, theater, porch with fire places, outside picnic areas with grills, outside basketball court, and a dock out onto the lake. The room was open and inviting. The bed linens and towels were crisp and clean. I couldn't have asked for a nicer hotel, with friendlier staff, at a great rate! (Which was $129 that night.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sbsgm, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about our property. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I trust your helicopter tour was just as breathtaking. I have shared your comments with our team just this morning.
I hope when you come back to Tallahassee, you visit us again.
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Spent $99+tax for a king suite for the night while headed home from Orlando. Great Value. Room was nice & spacious. Instead of leaving chocolates on the pillow, they leave popcorn by the microwave, cute. The bed was comfortable & apparently the sofa was to as my husband fell asleep on it. As other travelers mentioned, this property is located right off of I-10 which is very convenient if you're just looking to get a good nights' rest & get back on the road as we did. We were greeted by very friendly staff upon arrival & the room was well stocked with plenty of towels, which is sometimes a rarity. In addition to the kitchen being equipped with utentils, bowls, pots, etc., the room also comes equipped with a DVD player. I believe check-out is at 12 noon, which is always a plus. Now for the best part, the breakfast! They had me at poppyseed muffins! Staybridge Suites provides a complimentary breakfast that is better than some places you pay for a full breakfast. Waffles, eggs (scrambled or boiled), bacon, muffins, fruit, yogurt, milk, coffee and an assortment of juices. You can enjoy this very fulfilling breakfast in a warm, inviting lobby and then go walk it off out back around the lake (don't feed the animals!). The friendly staff and complimentary breakfast make up for any faults that anyone would fine with this nice property. Thanks for making me feel at home Staybridge Suites. Although we only stayed 1 night, the memory will last forever.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Well hello to you too! Our breakfast host has been with us for a number of years and was so happy when I shared with him your comments. He does work very hard, as the rest of our team as well to ensure we exceed our guests expectations.
It was refreshing to see such a cute spin on your stay. This really made a difference to us.
Dover, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at Staybridge Suites in a king suite for a few days while in Tally to attend a wedding with numerous other family members at the same hotel. It is located just off of I-10. We were greeted with very friendly staff, clean, well appointed rooms and felt very welcome to enjoy the beautiful lobby for large family get-togethers to wind down after wedding prepping, rehearsals and wedding late at night. Library, theater, exerecise room and breakfast were all great. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. Pets are welcome and pampered! I will stay here again on my next trip to Tally!

Room Tip: There are rooms with a pretty pond view if you want a view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of weeks with work. It feels so far removed from the stress of downtown, yet is conveniently located for downtown access. The free breakfasts are great. The lake behind the hotel is perfect for taking a walk and unwinding from the day while watching the geese fly in and land. The staff were helpful and attentive to any questions I had about the area. I will always stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East? Share your experiences!