“Great hotel for extended stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida
“Great hotel for extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

My daughter and I have been here for two weeks and will stay at least a month. We love it. Aside from one of the stove burners not working and the cleaning crew leaving us w/o towels (which we had to go downstairs to get, because they don't bring them to your room), this place really is a great value. The rooms aren't very large, but they are comfortable and have everything you need to feel as "at home" as you can in a hotel. The granite and tile touches are nice. The free internet is great, except the computers have no speakers and the internet connection is very slow. I am in the business center as I write this, because the computer here is way faster. However, it is still nice to have free access to the internet w/o having to bring your own computer. The in-room clock has an I-pod docking station so my CD's are no good here (lol), but tech savvy teens will like be happy. I didn't have a view of the pond, but we have enjoyed being able to walk on the dock and see the ducks and ducklings. The outdoor pool is heated (sometimes it trips - but just tell the front desk and they'll fix it). The free use of washer/dryers on the first floor is a big bonus if you plan to stay for more than a week. The full breakfast (daily) is awesome, and even the "sundowner" meals (3 x's a week) are good. Free beer, wine, juice, soda, coffee and assorted beverages, and they even bake fresh cookies most days. The staff is super friendly. You can also pick up a complimentary copy of USA Today at the front desk. The hotel has a shuttle, which I haven't used. I commute to Florida A&M and it takes about 30 minutes to get there from the hotel in the morning and 45 minutes on the return trip in the evenings (rush hour is awful in Tallahassee). I chose this hotel because it allows pets, even though we wound up not bringing our dog... but I am glad we stayed here. It is very comfortable! It is also zoned for an excellent elementary school (Buck Lake), if you are relocating with kids. Over all I would give this hotel an 9 out of 10. I have stayed at 5-star hotels before, where they didn't have as many amenities as this one. I would definately recommend this one to the well-seasoned business traveler. The gov't rate for 30+ days (on the fedrooms website) was $69/night but is higher if you are staying less nights. A few people are actually living here for a year at a time!

• Liked — kitchen in room & full breakfast - great front desk staff
  • Disliked — bed not too comfortable
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)

Been to Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East? Share your experiences!