“Good value, comfortable stay and great wireless” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Good value, comfortable stay and great wireless”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This particular stay was as a result of my family’s trip to attend orientation at FSU. It is a quick drive to the campus from this location. There are several restaurants nearby. When we first arrived it was raining and I was thankful that the lobby had a overhang. The building itself had a colonial feel to it but I must admit it was a little awkward when I opened the door to the establishment to find that it resembled a business office with a traditional desk as the “front desk”. The front desk staff was quite friendly however and was quick to check me in. I received a key and discovered that the location for my room was directly across the street. Pulling in to the parking lot the building has a short parking lot on one side and a very large parking lot on the other side it is a two-story building and a contains approximately 20 rooms on each side with 10 rooms on each floor. I didn’t immediately see an elevator to later discover that there was one in the center of the building where there is an icemaker and a vending machine. My room number was 261 located on the second floor.

The room was quite neat and laid out as well as can be expected for a single room setting. It contained two double beds a small loveseat, a desk with a matching mirror, and a dresser/TV cabinet housing an old square 32 inch TV (bummer). There was also a small table with two chairs acting is a mini dining room. This room didn’t contain much of a closet but had a space allocated in the vanity area that contained plenty of space for our needs. The real surprise was the bathroom which contained a Jacuzzi style tub. The kitchen area featured a full-sized refrigerator with a freezer and an icemaker, a microwave oven, a small sink, a dishwasher and a two burner electric stove. Outside there are security cameras and a cute seating area located under an enormous oak tree. The pool is located directly across the street (we didn’t utilize it for this trip) featuring a gazebo. The parking lot as well lit and bordered by a privacy fence.

The cable in this hotel was provided by Ovation Networks (I have never heard of them but it was a decent picture) there are 42 stations available with the bulk of the most-watched stations included. I was most impressed with their wireless connectivity. As a wireless specialist, I did a general survey of availability throughout the room and discovered that the signal was quite powerful even through the walls. Speeds were adequate for streaming as well. The air-conditioning unit functioned well and even though I set it for the lowest it would go, which registered as 60°, I assure you it never got to 60°, although it was cool enough for us, given that it was 90° out. I had ordered extra pillows and they were present upon arrival. The bed slept comfortably and the darkness rating in this room was a 9 out of a possible 10 with some leakage around the Windows.

Overall given the proximity of this establishment to the FSU campus, and the cost per night related to the amenities that you receive, this is a great value and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice comments about you stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Haines City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have been staying at this location for 33 years, formerly know as the Executive Suites. It is a quiet place with adequate rooms, clean, refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffeee maker, wi-fi, TV cable, and jacuzzzzi in almost every room, etc.. It is conveniently located on the north side with ample restaurants in the area, drugstores, Staples, and an extensive shopping mall close by. The straff has always been friendly and helpful over the years even with the change in ownership and name. The decor is tasteful and yet it is not elaborate. There are very few places in all my travels that offer so much for so little cost. It makes my Tallahassee, away from home, home a pleasant stay, always. Thank you for working hard to keep it basic, friendly, and very reasonable in cost. See you on my Tallahassee visits, always.
Dr. Earle E. Lee,
Haines City, FL
eb.lee@verizon.net

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We're so honored that our Hotel is your home away from home. We know long periods of times away from home can be difficult. So, our staff always strive to make every guest happy. Thanks again fro your positive comments. See you next time!
Madison, alabama, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I moved to Tallahassee to become general manager of a hotel close to this one. I moved back home to Atlanta and i wanted to write a review of this place while i did stay here. This is really an awesome Suburban. Obviously it isnt a five star hotel but its five star as far as extended stay hotels go. The rooms are extremely clean and have everything you need. They meet "brand standards" too. I know that because i used to be the g.m. of two seperate Suburban hotels before. The bathrooms are great because they have huge jacuzzi tubs. I've never seen that at Suburbans before. I cant get over how clean this place is because some Suburbans can be lacking in that department. The room are nicely appointed and the color scheme they use suits the rooms well. All the employees are extremely helpful and friendly and the management is excellant. They are very quick to respond to isssues that come up and seem really concerned with you having a good stay. If you dont want to go to the hassle of finding an apartment here in TLH this is where you want to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Please know that we value your feedback and it will be shared with the staff. Please keep us in mind for your next visits to Tallahassee.

Warm Regards,
The Suburban Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a month and the amenities you get for the price is just amazing. It had everything you would have in your house and the rooms are very well taken care of and clean. The location is great by I-10 and close to downtown and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review! I'm truly happy we met your needs. Hopefully in the future we can do it again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I checked outn this hotel along with Value Place in Tallahassee since I would be staying inTallahassee for a week for work. Value Place charges extra for many things that are included in your stay with Suburban (coffee maker, extra towels, etc.) The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. the room was very clean and nice. Will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and please do come by and see us again when your in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms , are outdated but overall it was ok . And appeared to be clean. Was in a location close to highway . Nice do drop in... Movies ,food and everything is there. So go on hotels.com to book for best price

• Stayed February 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Worst hotel I've ever seen and trust me I stay at a lot of hotels because of work. The staff was also not helpful, the pool had no water, full of prostitutes and people of that sort. Will never recommend. Just nasty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
nelly058, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello Toniann938,
We are truly sorry you experienced an unpleasant stay. It's our goal to make every guest happy.
Also, right now our pool is empty because we're in the middle of pool renovation. As far as the prostitute issue, we do not tolerate any acts as such. We hope you give us another chance because our guest is our main priority.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!