“Terrible, dingy smokey” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #54 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Terrible, dingy smokey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Horrible place, mold in toilet, cigarette smoke everywhere. Breakfast included was a joke. Only coffee with creamer, juice and bun. Do not stay here. The only good thing was location to the highway. Traffic around hotel very busy.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here two nights while in town and got 3 rooms. The 1 on the second floor had a bad smell. The other 2 were on the 3rd floor and it didn't smell. But the ceiling did have discoloration and cracks. The bathroom was very clean! We called down to get some extra towels the next morning but were never brought any up so I had to use a wet one someone in my room had used. Then when we went to leave the hotel we asked them to leave a certain amount of towels but only left 2 so we had to go back down and get more that night when we arrived back. I base expectations on the price, which was $49 so I didn't expect much but the issues I had were ones that should not have happened.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is awful. I have stayed in older hotels but this one takes the cake. Dirty smelly can hear through the walls. It's feels damp inside ac doesn't work well at all. Stayed an hour and demanded a refund and left and drove home even though was 11 pm after being at the game all day.

Stayed November 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was greeted very kindly by Lisa who made my stay so comfortable bringing me an extra set of sheets as the A/C in my room was very cold. Crystal River Seafood was great and not too far away. The place seemed like it needed an upgrade but the room was very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In my 40 years on earth, I have NEVER experienced a hotel like this before. This was the worse hotel ever. When you first pull up to the parking lot, you should know right then. When you walk into the lobby, the furniture is old and dirty. When you get on the elevator, there is a air freshner stick up in the corner, wow. When you walk down the hall you can't help but to take in this ridiculous smell of the carpert. And last but not least, the room, oh my goodness, the room. It was absolutely horrible. We stayed this week (5/4/13) due to FAMU graduation and it was the only hotel left. I wanted to sleep in the car but my husband refuse to let me. But trust me i would have. The room was so bad we had to go to Walmart and buy blankets and wash clothes and shower shoes to even stay in that hotel, it was just that nasty. This hotel really needs to be condemned, although I believe it was before this weekend the way it smelled as though it had been closed up for a while with the mildew smell. This hotel really needs to be taken off the website. But you know the worse part about it. I am reading the other reviews from last year and its still the same, which means the owners dont care and dont take any of our comments into consideration to try and fix the place up. So guys, do me a favor, and DONT book this hotel so they will have to close down.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

we couldn't find the hotel orignilally and called the front desk for help. Well that was useless. He hardly spoke english and told me he couldnt give me directions! we were less than a block away... We finally got there and there were sketchy people hanging around the parking lot. I was scared right away I didnt even want to go in. The exterior was shabby and dirty it looked like it had mold or something on it. We didnt even get inside the lobby door before the nasty smell hit us. The front desk guy asked us to sign a rate acceptance paper... the paper said sign here if you acccept the above printed rate... well the rate spot was left blank and the guy said hed fill it in after... hello scam? we filled in the correct rate and handed it back. We recieved our keys and were in the first room, probally because there was noone else staying here. Our room smelled so terrible moldy wet nasty and like someone tried to cover it up by using an entire bottle of chemical cleaner. The window wouldnt open... not that i would have felt safe opening it since our view was of an alley with homeless people shoes and used condoms. The bathroom was nasty and the sheets and pillows were old and gross. We were going to suck it up until we discovered the roaches. I opened up the nightstand draw and a nasty roach crawled out! I screamed and ran out crying and let my boyfriend handle the rest.... We told the front desk guy who didnt even blink an eye. He said what do you want me to do about that? we just wanted our money back. And we left. He wouldnt even give me a tissue! DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: FYI there is no pool restruant and the 'breakfest' appered to be old coffee and muffins... C...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!