“Average but has potential” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #6 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Ormond Beach, FL
“Average but has potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending my son's FSU graduation. It is a very clean, bright hotel that is being renovated. No problems with our room at all, which was one of the recently renovated ones. The coffee and tea bar in the lobby wasn't available in the evening due to the renovations and we were offered freshly brewed coffee from the kitchen to bring up after a short wait, which was a nice gesture.

However, the breakfast buffet area is still being renovated and while there was no problem with the furnishings, it seemed that the staff seemed a bit off their mark, and didn't make sure that the tables had utensils, etc. It was almost an afterthought. And the food offered was not up to the standards we've had at other HGI's...the sausages looked like hot dogs and didn't taste very pleasant. There wasn't enough buffet food made Saturday morning and we were told we'd have to wait 15 minutes for more food to be prepared. I suppose a recent stay at a HGI in Miramar which was superb left us expecting similar standards. I will say that everyone was very pleasant, but I think more attention to detail is definitely called for in this case.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. Feedback such as this is so useful as a training tool. We hope to have you back with us soon!

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edison, NJ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My recent stay was from November 27 - December 3, 2013. They are renovating the hotel and it is simply beautiful. The staff at the front desk and the gentlemen who handle the breakfast are truly marvelous! I stay at his Hilton each time I travel to Tallahassee, FL. I would not stay any place else. The rooms are neat and clean. I actually had one of the renovated rooms and it is magnificent. The room was nice and quiet. The new beds which have the dial-by-number adjustment feature which is great. If you stay here once you will definitely stay here again. They really know how to take care of their guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted that you like the upgrades made to the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central. We hope to see you again soon!
Bluffton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel under a group wait for a wedding I was in. Truly enjoyed the stay. Because of the wedding celebration, the front desk made sure that we made it to our rooms safely after drinking and celebrating. Room was bit hot the first night but the second night we adjusted the AC unit and slept great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for writing such a kind review about the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central. We look forward to having you again as our guest!
Norcross, GA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Lobby under full renovation - not advertised on website - most expensive hotel in the area, breakfast a joke, college kids poor attitude and the whole expereince was poor. Not sure who told the hotel staff to prepare a burned breakfast, no papers, restrooms closed on lobby level, noisy. will not be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I'm sorry that you were not aware of our cosmetic updates taking place in our lobby and for any inconvenience this caused you. As we continue to make improvements to our services and amenities we will keep your comments in mind. We will also be sure to address the poor service you encountered and hope we can invite you back to our true hospitality.

Leila F.
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

the hotel was under renovation during our stay causing the breakfast which we had paid extra for, to be moved to a business meeting room. the food was cold and unappetizing. the staff sat on a couch at the front of the room and watched tv. the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time give us your feedback. Our renovations are nearing completion and our restaurant is running back up to par. I haven taken your feedback to our team to ensure this does not happen again.

I would love to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please call me at 850.893.8300.

Leila Fathi
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Wow I am shocked to write this review. I love the Garden brand, but this particular hotel was just an awful experience for me. The thing I like about HGI is the usual consistent experence you receive througout the country, so having a bad stay is really saying something.

Here are my observations and experiences:

1. The Hotel is under remodelling/construction and this is NOT posted on the Hotel website! I paid a premium rate at this hotel and would have considered staying at another property had they properly notified the public that the property is under construction. I stayed at the Hilton Sandestin last night and their "under construction"notice was posted all over the Hilton website.

2. Clumsy check-in at a side counter. Contrary to other reviews, the front desk clerk looked peeved when I questioned about what was going on with the construction. He quuckly brushed me off while mentioning breakfast, if I still want it, would be in a conference room in the AM. I took a pass. Also, no water was offered (Diamonds get free water bottles). I suppose I could have asked for it, but I still was processing the construction.

3. Room sevice: This is BY FAR my biggest gripe. I ordered the SAME thing I had last Wednesday night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomington MN: Tuscan Ragout and a Veggie Quasidilla. While these items were prepared masterfully at the HGI Bloomington MN-----flavorful, hot, served nicely with condiments, a glass or water added even though I didnt order water----and even an after dinner mint thrown in. At this Tallahassee Central location I received a luke warm mess! The Tuscan Ragout tasted medicinal, and unlike the Bloomington MN. HGI---- it appeared spaghetti noodles were tossed with FROZEN green/red peppers and onions. At the Bloomington MN. HGI---this same dish featured fettucini noodles with FRESH cut vegatables.

The Quassidlla (which I have actually had at numerous other HGI's) was served like a child made it. It was served coolish and cut in an odd way. None of the usual condisments, such as salsa and sour cream, were provided. Instead, a near empty bottle of Tabassco sauce was the only condiment provided. Just awful!

Not to pile on....But as a diamond I wasn't even acknowledged nor offered any type of upgrade. I stay at Hilton properties 40+ times per year and even if the service is average I won't pipe up about it------but others need to be warned to stay away until management brings this property back up to par----including retraining for the chef!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Diamond Member,

First I want to say thank you very much for you Diamond Membership Status with Hilton Honors. I am very disappointed that my team did not meet your needs during your stay here with us. As seen with past TripAdvisor reveiws this is certainly not our standard. I will take your feedback to my team to see why this may have happened and find solutions so this will not happen again.

I would love to speak with you more regarding this experience. Please contact me at 850.893.8300.

Thank you so much for providing me with this feedback.

Leila Fathi
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, close to FSU and with a brand new Bjs Brewhouse within walking distance. A lot of Fast food places also very close to the hotel and it's almost right next to the mall. Clean, quiet, friendly staff and comfortable beds.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!