“Great stay under wedding group rate” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Bluffton, United States
“Great stay under wedding group rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel under a group wait for a wedding I was in. Truly enjoyed the stay. Because of the wedding celebration, the front desk made sure that we made it to our rooms safely after drinking and celebrating. Room was bit hot the first night but the second night we adjusted the AC unit and slept great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a kind review about the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central. We look forward to having you again as our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Norcross, GA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Lobby under full renovation - not advertised on website - most expensive hotel in the area, breakfast a joke, college kids poor attitude and the whole expereince was poor. Not sure who told the hotel staff to prepare a burned breakfast, no papers, restrooms closed on lobby level, noisy. will not be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I'm sorry that you were not aware of our cosmetic updates taking place in our lobby and for any inconvenience this caused you. As we continue to make improvements to our services and amenities we will keep your comments in mind. We will also be sure to address the poor service you encountered and hope we can invite you back to our true hospitality.

Leila F.
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

the hotel was under renovation during our stay causing the breakfast which we had paid extra for, to be moved to a business meeting room. the food was cold and unappetizing. the staff sat on a couch at the front of the room and watched tv. the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time give us your feedback. Our renovations are nearing completion and our restaurant is running back up to par. I haven taken your feedback to our team to ensure this does not happen again.

I would love to speak with you more regarding this matter. Please call me at 850.893.8300.

Leila Fathi
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Wow I am shocked to write this review. I love the Garden brand, but this particular hotel was just an awful experience for me. The thing I like about HGI is the usual consistent experence you receive througout the country, so having a bad stay is really saying something.

Here are my observations and experiences:

1. The Hotel is under remodelling/construction and this is NOT posted on the Hotel website! I paid a premium rate at this hotel and would have considered staying at another property had they properly notified the public that the property is under construction. I stayed at the Hilton Sandestin last night and their "under construction"notice was posted all over the Hilton website.

2. Clumsy check-in at a side counter. Contrary to other reviews, the front desk clerk looked peeved when I questioned about what was going on with the construction. He quuckly brushed me off while mentioning breakfast, if I still want it, would be in a conference room in the AM. I took a pass. Also, no water was offered (Diamonds get free water bottles). I suppose I could have asked for it, but I still was processing the construction.

3. Room sevice: This is BY FAR my biggest gripe. I ordered the SAME thing I had last Wednesday night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomington MN: Tuscan Ragout and a Veggie Quasidilla. While these items were prepared masterfully at the HGI Bloomington MN-----flavorful, hot, served nicely with condiments, a glass or water added even though I didnt order water----and even an after dinner mint thrown in. At this Tallahassee Central location I received a luke warm mess! The Tuscan Ragout tasted medicinal, and unlike the Bloomington MN. HGI---- it appeared spaghetti noodles were tossed with FROZEN green/red peppers and onions. At the Bloomington MN. HGI---this same dish featured fettucini noodles with FRESH cut vegatables.

The Quassidlla (which I have actually had at numerous other HGI's) was served like a child made it. It was served coolish and cut in an odd way. None of the usual condisments, such as salsa and sour cream, were provided. Instead, a near empty bottle of Tabassco sauce was the only condiment provided. Just awful!

Not to pile on....But as a diamond I wasn't even acknowledged nor offered any type of upgrade. I stay at Hilton properties 40+ times per year and even if the service is average I won't pipe up about it------but others need to be warned to stay away until management brings this property back up to par----including retraining for the chef!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Diamond Member,

First I want to say thank you very much for you Diamond Membership Status with Hilton Honors. I am very disappointed that my team did not meet your needs during your stay here with us. As seen with past TripAdvisor reveiws this is certainly not our standard. I will take your feedback to my team to see why this may have happened and find solutions so this will not happen again.

I would love to speak with you more regarding this experience. Please contact me at 850.893.8300.

Thank you so much for providing me with this feedback.

Leila Fathi
Miami, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, close to FSU and with a brand new Bjs Brewhouse within walking distance. A lot of Fast food places also very close to the hotel and it's almost right next to the mall. Clean, quiet, friendly staff and comfortable beds.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed here about a dozen times. I tried other hotels in the area but this one is the most accomodating, clean and the location is not too busy. My wife and I stay here almost exclusively. We once tried a place a little north, actually left and came here to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I would stay here again. The room was clean. There was no foul smell. The lobby was clean. It was unfortunately that the only breakfast that they offer here is one that you have to pay 10 dollars for. They don't even have a free continental breakfast, not a bagel, or orange juice, or anything. Aside from that everything else was fine

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!