“This is a wonderful property!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“This is a wonderful property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Staff is awesome, the rooms are clean and spacious, and the location can't be beat. Added value, wireless Internet is included in the room rate! There is an option for breakfast, but I didn't partake. However, from what I saw, the food looked very good and people were cleaning their plates! I've already made another reservation at this hotel because of my recent experience. It's wonderful to be greeted in a way that makes you think the Staff was just waiting for you to come "home"! I was so much more than pleased!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Leila F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind things about the Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central! I will pass this along to my team as I am sure they will be delighted to hear your words as well.

We look forward to your next visit. We can not wait to welcome you "home" again!

Hospitably,

Leila F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wonderful hotel in a prime location. The conference rate I obtained was excellent and the services were wonderful. The meeting room was excellent for small meetings and many of my Board members enjoyed their stay.

Room Tip: Very close to the State Capitol and restaurants.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and apologize for the late review! I absolutely love it here. I have to travel to the area at least 3-4 times a year and this is where I stay. The staff is friendly, the location is great and the beds are wonderful!!! I love that there are so many choices for eating in the area. The hotel is very clean also which is always a must for us. I can't say much about price because I stay using Family discount but regardless it is always a wonderul overall experience! :-)

• Stayed January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is an example of when the people really do make all the difference. My first room had the most foul smell (mildew) so they moved me to another room down the hall. Unfortunately, that new room was not as clean as it should have been. The next day, the staff contacted me and moved me to a suite to make up for the incident. Then, to top it off, they granted me a very late check-out (5 pm) as a way to overcome the incident.

The rooms were standard for this type of hotel but the service was beyond expectation. Granted, it would have been nice if everything went properly the first, or even the second, time, but the staff dealt with it most professionally.

On one final note, the breakfast in the morning was top notch with great hot and cold selections! Given the need to visit Tallahassee, I will likely stay here again myself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Evansville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've come to expect high standards from any Hilton property we stay at. This Hilton Garden Inn was a little disappointing. The walls in room 204 were dirty, the coffee set-up was only rinsed out, not washed as you would expect. On the second day I was awakened by room service trying to get in my room (I'm a late sleeper from central time zone). I asked the front desk, a little later,to please have room service change the towels & empty the trash, it wasn't done. I feel there is a little bit of communication problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We checked into the hotel with a warm and friendly welcome by LaWanda on the front desk. The room and hotel was clean with a great location. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Erica Thorne, Director of Sales was greeting guests at breakfast with a great personality and beautiful smile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Let's start with the positives. Breakfast, which we get included as Hilton Gold members, was excellent. Employees were friendly.

Now the not so positive: There was no luggage rack in our room. It made using our luggage a bit more challenging. The refrigerator moved out of its enclosure when you tried to open the door. We figured out we had to use two hands to get it open. We couldn't get ice from the ice machine but we never checked again so it might have just been empty. It could also have not been working. TV stations are limited and rather pitiful.

The worst problem, which we reported our first morning, was the sink plumbing. When you turned on the faucet, a loud noise - rather like a WWII artillery attack or jet engine take off- filled the room. I am surprised they did not hear it down at the desk. The noise was still there the second night. I do not want to have to choose between washing my hands which wakes up my husband and not washing my hands.

We ended up staying in Tallahassee an extra night but we did not stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!