“Best place in town” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Savannah
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2007

WOW, can't believe it's a Holiday Inn. Rooms are great and remind me of a Westin. I came to town for a wedding and the staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make me a map to get to the church. Very clean.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2006

This hotel is relatively new, opening in the spring of 2006. The beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms clean. However, I wear "footies" in the room and find that they are a good "marker" of just how clean the carpet is.....it's time to clean the carpet. The room needed a good dusting, especially behind the TV and on top of the entertainment center. Also, all the lobby artificial plants were layered with dust. Rather think when you pay almost $200.00 for a night's stay, the room should "sparkle"! ET

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room doors Slam shut
  • Tips/Secrets — good little reataurant
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Home, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

Just because you have a brand spanking new hotel doesn't mean you can lack in good, friendly customer service. Because of the staff here, I will not go back!

• Liked — smelled like a new building
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — forget this place, holiday inn is past its prime
  • Stayed September 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tlhfs, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Tallahassee Conference Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2006
This review is very surprising to our management staff here at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites. While we apologize for any service issues guests may have, and encourage guests to notify the front desk, so we can rectify the situation on the spot. All other reviews for our hotel have been nothing but excellent and we do our best to uphold our standards of excellence for each and every guest. I'm sure had the situation been brought to our attention there could have been something we could do to make things better. We are currently ranked in Guest View on the top ten list out of ALL full service Holiday Inns in the country, and this response does not reflect those standing in any way.
Moultrie, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2006

I'm here at the hotel right now as a combination b/day (fifty something) and anniversary (lucky 29) and it's even better than expected.

I was super worried after reading about some of the other places (after all it's a college town and hotels get some really hard use) but after all the praise for this place, we booked and I thank all of you.

It's clean, smells wonderful, has really friendly and helpful staff, and is beautifully decorated. We took the king suite for a very reasonable rate and it didn't disappoint. As others have already said, the mattress is better than what most people sleep on at home (we buy the highest end bedding every five years and this beat ours!). Pillows are large and plentiful.

The restaurant has a buffet for breakfast and I'm not much of a fan for that but the a la carte menu was complete and when I ordered (an embarrassingly large meal), the waitress informed me that it would be seven minutes (it was six, but hey).

This location is close enough to everything (including three different movie theatres, several shopping centers, all the attractions, and the government/business sections) but far enough to feel rested and away from the bustle.

Warning: The Internet listing for the Holiday Inns of Tallahassee include two for nearly the same address; 2714 and 2725. They sold the old Holiday Inn and it became The Tallahassee Inn which looks like quite a dump. 2714 is the outdoor access type motor inn and it is right next door (we watched some guy brushing his teeth out on the upper walkway this morning!) so don't confuse the two!

The Holiday Inn and Suites is at 2725 Graves Road which you can see from North Monroe Street although you can't cross the median there. Drive past it to the first break in the median and turn around. Drive behind the Comfort Inn and you'll see it immediately on your right. In all fairness, there's construction going on and some genius took the Graves Road street sign down but the Holiday Inn sign is clearly visible and the pylon reads 2725 Graves Road at the bottom.

When you exit I-10, you're going to take a right and it will be the very first cluster of buildings after the clover leaf ramp on the other side of the divided roadway.

There's a nice steak restaurant you can walk to from the hotel called Marie Livingston's. Not the greatest steak place I've been too (drinks are tiny and the place is a little worn) but the meal was quite tasty and the dessert was immense.

It is also close to many other eateries such as The Melting Pot (a unique dining experience involving fondue cooking) and other chain type places (lots for midrange or cheaper, haven’t found many higher end experiences right here but I’m a very motivated calorie consumer!).

I'll take off a couple of micro points off the hotel for having put a welcome recording on our two phones. I really don't need to see the "message waiting" light and think, "The house burned down/the business deal tanked/the dog is lost..." and then hear some chirpy recording about how really glad they are we're here.

And after we got suckered into answering it, we had to call and ask how to cancel the blinking light. Long story short, we couldn't. The instructions didn't work so we had to drape the phone with a towel so I'd stop waking up and imagining the Martians were landing...

But don't mistake me, this is a really great hotel and I'm loving every minute of my stay!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Use as a base for further exploring Tallahassee
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GreenwoodSC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2006

New hotel. Excellent upscale for a holiday inn. Great hotel before and after beating the Noles. Go Tigers!!

• Stayed September 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2006

Stayed here two nights while in Tallahassee on business. Hotel check in was very quick and the desk clerk was very efficient and most importantly friendly. The room was spotless and the first thing I noticed when I walked in was the clean pleasant smell. (Probably due to the fact that this hotel is 100 percent non-smoking.) The room is beatifully decorated and very neat. There was a problem with a little bit of skip in the tv, but I had been told by the desk clerk prior to my checking in that it was due to all the construction in the area, and everyone was experiencing the same thing. The next morning it had cleared up and was fine. I appreciated the heads up from the clerk though. I did visit the pool and tooke advantage of the work out facilities. Both were neat and clean. The equipment in the work out room was modern and I really enjoyed the flat screen tv. The best part of my visit though I would have to say is the beds. The bed slept better than mine at home. Pillows and linens where wonderful. Overall I would have to say that this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in at this price range. Will definitely stay again if I am in the area.

• Liked — The bed
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2006

I'm a business traveler and this has to be one of the nicest Holiday Inns in the country. It is brand new and the staff is extremely friendly. They have a nice bar and the bartender stayed opwn an extra hour for me and 2 other guys. The most upscale Holiday Inn I've stayed at and the price was reasonable. I'd stay there again in an instant.

Been to Holiday Inn Tallahassee Conference Center? Share your experiences!