“Plastic Table Cloth” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Plastic Table Cloth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Trash in parking lot greeted is as we left the car. The dining room is nicely appointed. Needs some artwork, however. Sat down to a just wiped plastic coverlet. Linen table cloths would be much more appropriate for a restaurant that advertises as upscale. Silverware was wrapped in a paper towel. Salads were sparse and none too fresh reminiscent of cafeteria fare. Bread brought to the table looked promising but was not fully cooked so center was doughy and yeasty. Main course of sirloin steaks were tasty and cooked as ordered. Side of vegetable cooked properly. Baked potato was good. Sautéed mushrooms were average, sliced and not memorable. I would recommend this restaurant only because there is not much to offer in this area.

Pensacola, Florida
“Great steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This steak house was a pleasant surprise to find. The food and service was very good. I also received a free glass of wine.

The steak had a very special sauce which caused the meat to melt in my mouth. The meat was cooked to perfection!
The atmosphere was ok.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thomasville, Georgia
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Dined at the location on N. Monroe several times in the past. Always pleased with service and the meal. Went to the Apalachee Parkway location this past Saturday at about 5:30pm. Not crowded since FSU was playing Miami in a few hours. Had a $50 Groupon Coupon which allowed:

2 cocktails up $12 each
2 soups up to $6.50 each
2 entrees up to $21.99 each
2 glasses of house wine up to $4.50 each

Total value $96. Coupon indicated that any upgrades would require additional charge. Fine with me.

Got a martini that was decent but took forever to bring. Wife got a glass of wine that was less than half a glass of wine. I initially said I wanted something different than onion soup but waiter insisted there was no substitution even at additional cost. I stated that the coupon indicated that substitution was allowed for additional cost (even though the menu price for their onion soup was $4.50 and coupon allowed cost of up to $6.50). The guy wouldn't budge. So we get the soup and it was quite good - best part of the meal. Next came salad with rolls. Salad decent but rolls had a rather strange taste and adn texture - very dense and doughy. Next we got 2 12 oz ribeyes medium rare ($21.00 each). They looked virtually identical, as though they had put in some sort of form. Truly, these steaks were completely uniform in shape, thickness and appearance. They were definitely not fresh and tasted like they had been frozen. Also, each was full of gristle. Flavor was decent but not really worth the effort. I am certainly not a beef expert but do know a good steak when I get one. Ribeyes typically have a good bit of marbling. These had none other than the gristle and were dry even though they were medium rare. Got our 2 glasses of house wine which was not good and barely a half a glass of wine again. Bill came and value was listed as $78 we owed $5+ additional in tax. I left a $20 and headed out the door.

Maybe others have had a different experience but ours was quite disappointing at best. I believe the $50 Groupon deal is a set up to pawn off a low end piece of beef regularly priced at $21.99 that isn't as good as you could get at Golden Corral or Western Sizzlin' for $10.

It's an attractive restaurant with decent atmosphere, but food and service were quite poor. I would not recommend this place, but if you do go stay away from the Groupon deal. It's a ripoff.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, Georgia
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We enjoy the ambiance, food, and spirits of this restaurant. It is basically a great steak place, nothing new and inventive, but really consistent quality of food and service.

Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Wish I Could Be the Manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were looking to get into a restaurant at 8 PM on a Saturday night after an FSU game. Marie Livingston's was able to accommodate us without a wait. My sister and I were reluctant to go as we were not pleased with the restaurant after a visit to the Monroe site several years ago. However, the guys both like their beef. They had a 14 oz prime rib special for $20 which was cooked to perfection and was an excellent cut of meat. My sister and I both ordered the salmon, hers grilled and mine blackened. Both were uneventful and a slightly on the dry side. The rolls were warm and delicious. Salads were fresh, but, again, uneventful. I was looking forward to the snickers martini for dessert. I don't know why I didn't send it back. It was basically a 3 oz white Russian up in an average size martini glass with a little chocolate liqueur or vodka added. I anticipated a rim dripped with chocolate and dipped in peanuts. A $9 waste.

If I managed this restaurant, I would dim the lights. We eat daily dinners in light dimmer than Marie Livingston's. I would replace menus that were ragged and tinged with food. I would lose the iceberg on the salad. I would include a larger serving of butter with the rolls. These are inexpensive changes which would upgrade the restaurant greatly.

I do have to say that our waiter, Wesley, was outstanding.

• Visited October 2013