“Great buffalo chicken po'boy ” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #377 of 666 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great buffalo chicken po'boy ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We came here on a Tuesday night and it was worth it. The restaurant is blocks away from the Florida State football stadium. Everyone at the table got the buffalo chicken po'boy because my brother recommended it and it was very good. Maybe a tad on the spicy side. I got the french fries seasoned and the were just ok. We topped the night off with some beignets which were delicious, kind of like New Orleans' Cafe Du Monde. Service was very good as well.

“Not like it was a few years ago”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Years ago Po Boys was delicious. It went down hill but since ownership changed we decided to try it out. The service was good, except we had to get silverware from a wait station. Management checked in on us. The chicken on the po boy was dry and lacked season, the peppers and onions made the bread soggy from grease. The fried Pickles were delicious and arrived quickly. The atmosphere was subpar. Family Feud was on one of the volume less tvs and the other table of patrons fed the jukebox for awhile.

Tallahassee
“Disgusting restaurant, bad service, ok food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'm not sure why this restaurant is so popular in Tallahassee. If you want to get your fried food fix then maybe you would enjoy it. However, the service is so slow (just like everyone else who reviewed said). It took us over an hour to get our food! Also, the bathroom is so gross, its worse than a port-o-potty. The other 2 Po'Boys in town have shut down and I feel like it won't be long before the West Pensacola St. location shuts down too.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good food, good atmosphere, but average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love and hate this place all at the same time. I truly enjoy it during football games because there are enough tvs that there are usually plenty of different games on. The food at Po'Boys is very good. Everything I have ever tried I have liked. Their fried pickle appetizer is great, I love their po'boys, and their chicken salad salad is one of my favorites. Even their brunch is pretty good. However the service is really not the best. Once, my server brought me out charred sweet potato fries (which I had already eaten here before, so I knew that wasn't how they were supposed to be), and it wasn't until I asked for her to bring me new ones did she mention that they weren't cooked correctly. Also, I am definitely not someone who like sending food back, so this was difficult for me in the first place. The service is slow and not the friendliest either. If their service just got a little better, this place would have a higher rating for me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“I love this place and hate it at the same time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've spent many an afternoon at Po Boys enjoying one of Tallahassee's finest traditions. The food is pretty good, the location is amazing, and you can't get more of an authentic college ambiance. The problem with this place is that it has the worst, most god-awful service that I have ever experienced at a restaurant. Ask any employee on a busy weekend what's going on and they will pony up some sorry excuse that it is just busy on weekends and there's nothing that you can do about it. The problem is, they can. I've seen a busy restaurant before, and Po Boys doesn't fit the definition. Busy is a 100-table restaurant on an hour wait with a full bar and full back patio putting out food with acceptable wait times getting the job done. This place on it's busiest day doesn't do a quarter of the business that a real restaurant does. Look in Po Boy's kitchen when it's busy, and you will see a bunch of cooks standing around, not moving at a normal restaurant speed. I have no idea why a manager isn't whipping these guys into shape, they could easily triple their profits.

• Visited September 2012