“Standard but nicer than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 / Thomasville Rd

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 / Thomasville Rd to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 / Thomasville Rd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3388 Lonnbladh Road, Tallahassee, FL 32308   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save!
Ranked #5 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
“Standard but nicer than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was a little wary of staying in a Hampton but was encouraged by its high rating among Tallahassee hotels. It was really quite nice for a standard hotel. The staff was very accommodating and agreed to switch our room when I found out the original was near the elevator for something more quiet. The room and hotel in general were very clean and well-cared for. My one complaint was that after asking the desk for a late check out, the house keeping crew banged on the door early any way, though they did go away when I said I was still inside. It was a very good value for the price and I would stay there again. The Thai restaurant down the street was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 / Thomasville Rd, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We appreciate your time to post about your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your choice of staying at our property. Though we do alert our housekeeping staff of late check out, if they do not see a do not disturb sign on the door they do not know if you have vacated the room? I am sorry they knocked on your door, but hope you still enjoyed your room location and the rest of your stay? Thank you for your business. We value every guest!!

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kingsland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Hampton Inn is clean and conveniently located within walking distance to many fast food restaurants. The staff is friendly and the rooms clean and quiet.
Upon entering the parking lot, I noticed several police patrol cars in the area. I didn't give it much thought until I was walking to dinner and noticed even more police cars in the area. I stopped and asked one of the officers if this was a bad area and he quickly responded that this was a nice area with no crime. I then had to ask the question, then why so many patrol cars? He politely informed me that the hotel allows the police officers to utilize their lobby for lunch (night shift). That information alone raised my appreciation for the management of this property.
As for breakfast, it was lacking in selection and that could be because I was late to head to the lobby. The facility is well maintained and the price was great. Access to I-10 couldn't be any easier. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to hear you noticed our local officers, who are our best lobby friends. We do allow them to dine in our lobby, get paperwork done and just crab a cup of coffee if needed. It makes our guest feel extremely safe and also removes any opportunities. Our neighborhood is safe, so thank you for taking the extra step to post about your experience. We value our guest and hope you will make our property your only choice when traveling to Tallahassee!
tampa florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a standard Hampton Inn, good for business travelers with the usual amenities. The hotel is starting to show it's age as the rooms could use some updating-found the caulking around the bathroom sink and tub were old, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We have just completed a renovation and the guest rooms/bathrooms are currently receiving a bit more TLC, so we hope you will return soon to see the new updates? Thank you for your business, we hope to see you back again in the near future!
Punta Gorda, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The breakfast area on Sunday was really crowded, not enough place to sit, seemed a little chaotic with the breakfast person running all over. The hotel should prepare for these occasions even if they are rare.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your business. We appreciate your suggestion`s and will take them into consideration. Weekends do tend to become busy during the summer months as many travel while on vacation. We always want our guest to have a great experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel has good highway access to I-10 however you do not hear the noise of the traffic. It is set back behind the Village Inn Restaurant. There is an Outback Steakhouse down the street. Within a 1/2 mile there is Bonefish Grille, McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. It is also close to a shopping area off Market Street, other shops nearby are HomeGoods, TJ Max, banks, gas stations and AAA office. There is an outdoor grill and pool area that is on the back of the hotel. It offers a pleasant ambiance. I would recommend this hotel for its convenience to I-10 and its good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you and your time to let us know about your recent stay! We are happy to hear you not only enjoyed our property but the local area as well! Our location does have some great advantages, so thank you for letting other reviewers know as well.
We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back through Tallahassee.
fla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed for two nights in a King bed , room 323. Check in fine, very young staff. Room was quiet and fairly clean, flat screen TV, desk, and chairs. Bathroom-shower a bit narrow, towels really thin and cheap. The bed was very hard/firm, no cushion what-so-ever. The sheets were not great either: the the bottom fitted sheet was stretched out/ loose didn't fit well/came off, & the very thin mattress pad underneath bunched up. Did not get a great nights sleep. Uncomfortable bed is a deal breaker to me, I wanted to move hotels but husband said he was too lazy to pack up and leave/find another hotel. There are at least 4 other hotels nearby.

The breakfast is your typical crappy free breakfast-thick oatmeal, some fresh fruit, toast/english muffin/bagels. Make your own waffle, yogurts, fruit loops, juice and coffee. They have "fake" scrambled eggs & turkey sausage links. I won't use this hotel again. I have stayed at Hampton Inn in jacksonville Beach & Wellington and they were so much better than this one.

Room Tip: Third floor was fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to post about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We always want our guest to not only have a good stay, but leave wanting to return. Our property has just gone though a renovation so we invite you back to be our guest again in the near future, when your travels bring you back to Tallahassee.
Thank you for being our guest and as always thank you for your business!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in Tallahassee. Called ahead worried about late check in due to traffic on interstate but told someone would be available all night. Hotel was located behind another hotel off interstate but GPS found it easily. Food restaurants within walking distance or shopping mall less than 2 miles around the corner. Nice area of town and felt safe with items in car. Check in was easy and staff was very friendly. Room was very clean and mostly quiet (next to elevator so some hallway noise). Bathrooms were updated with newer finishes. Free breakfast was plentiful and staff available to refill needed items. Easy on and off I10 for travel. Good example of Hampton Hotel line.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your time to post about your June stay with us. I am so happy to hear we met your expectations! We hope to always be your hotel choice when your travels bring you back through Tallahassee! Thank you for your business!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 / Thomasville Rd? Share your experiences!