Sometimes it's nice to know a good place to get a good night's sleep when traveling to Florida's emerald coast. This Hampton is our go to place once a year at least. Folks, let me just say this; I have traveled extensively over the past 5 yrs and Hilton properties can't be beat for service, cleanliness and a great breakfast for free in the cafe or a bag breakfast if you'd like to sleep an extra 30 minutes. And if you're a Hilton Honors member, they will work with you on a later checkout time. By the way, while you're in Florida's capital city. Why not drive south 11 miles and see taste touch smell and hear the delightful State Park at Wakulla Springs. There are glass bottom boat tours as well as slow guided boat trips down the Wakulla river which is the only legal way to ride in a motorized boat there. On either you you will see another side of Florida. Trees growing out of the river filled with native birds as well as migratory travelers. On the glass bottom boat tour you will also see the site of the deepest spring in Florida where the guides will have catfish jumping and gators sunning. Top it all off with a swim in that same spring where the water is a constant 72 degrees year round. There is a lovely lodge where you can eat, shop and see " old joe" the oldest and largest gator ever taken from the springs. One more thing, the swimming scenes from most of the early Tarzan movies were shot right there at Wakulla Springs. Since you're already south of Tally, why not check out Florida's forgotten coast , home of the world famous Appalachacola oysters. The first fishing village will be Panacea where you can watch fishermen fish for oysters and red row mullet. This makes for a great day of exploration and just plain old fun. You will be hungry so coming back up to your hotel turn right at the sign that says Woodville. Keep following the road to the best fresh caught no frills seafood meal you will ever taste. If you're lucky they will have grouper throats but even if they don't you won't go away hungry. My favorite thing item is fried mullet which comes filleted and served with the fried backbone. This heaven on earth is called the Seine Yard. Please go and if you don't lie and say you did. At the seine yard it's sweet tea and grits along with your meal. Go and find out for yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10/Thomasville Rd is located on the east side of Tallahassee approximately 7 miles from Florida State University and 5 miles from Florida State Capitol building. We feature 122 rooms, 37 are studio suites including microwaves and refrigerators, outdoor pool, fitness center, business center. Amenities include our complimentary "Make It Hampton" hot breakfast, free high-speed internet, free local calls, free parking, in room coffee makers, cribs, hairdryers, irons & ironing boards, meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee I-10 / Thomasville Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tallahassee i-10 / Thomasville Rd
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tallahassee i-10 / Thomasville Rd Hotel Tallahassee
- Hampton Inn Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Hampton Inn