“Some of the worst Vietnamese food I have ever eaten!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #196 of 619 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Orlando, Florida
“Some of the worst Vietnamese food I have ever eaten!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Some of the worst Vietnamese food I have ever eaten!

My family and I were driving through Tallahassee and stopped by this restaurant for lunch on a Friday, only to leave disappointed, and frankly, insulted.

The soup broths for the pho and noodle soups are terrible and bland--it tasted like chicken broth from a can and was loaded with MSG! They served the pho with old meat, nasty bruised bean sprouts, tiny, yellowed slivers of lime, and a few tiny soaked dark basil leaves! I seriously wonder if they tried to serve us leftover vegetables from previous customers! The other noodle soup dishes had more (spoiled) bean sprouts than noodles in them! My daughters ordered the Green Tea flavored Bubble Tea, only to nearly spit it out; the drinks were basically old, warm milk with vaguely green coloring and gross lumps of tapioca.

This was the first time we ever saw a Vietnamese restaurant who tried to serve the throw-away and leftover basil and bean sprouts. Even worse, the owner is Vietnamese and should know full well that what his restaurant serves is an insult to all Vietnamese cuisine.

I am Vietnamese and I have gone to many Vietnamese restaurants. This was, by far, the worst traditional food that I have ever had the displeasure of eating.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Moultrie
“Pho is average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had the PHO and it was very average. Compared to Saigon Kitchen in Tifton GA it did NOT measure up. Broth was somewhat bland and the beef was T-O-U-G H! I expected better than was I was served.
Very skimpy on the added vegetables.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Another Great Visit to Far East Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Far East Cuisine is my favorite go-to place when I'm craving Thai or Vietnamese and I just can't quite decide. Or I can decide, and I've decided I want both! They have great Pho, great Tom Kha, and of course those great vermicelli salad bowls. I don't normally order from the chinese menu, but that is an option as well. The food always comes out fresh and delicious, and exactly as ordered. And if you have room for dessert, they have the best bubble tea in town.
The prices are very reasonable, usually about $8 - $10 for a plate. And the service is great; the staff are all friendly and helpful.
My last visit here was just after Valentine's Day, 2013. My husband and I enjoyed a relaxed meal; I ordered the V35.- Com Bi Cha Ga Nuong. (Rice with shredded pork, chicken, and a baked egg)
The meal came with fresh tomatoes, cucumber, and a homemade fish sauce. It was fantastic!
I've never had a bad experience here, even when they were packed because of an event. It's absolutely one of my favorite restaurants in Tallahassee.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Vietnames at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having served in Vietnam with an appreciation for good Vietnamese food i was thrilled to come across an Asian restaurant that focused on Vietnamese cuisinie. The traditional Pho soups, clay pots and Imperial/Spring rolls are so authentic that its as though I was back in Cam Rahn Bay, Na Trang and Siagon. i make it a habit to eat at Far East Cuisine at least once a month, often briinging friends and associates to experience true Vietnamese dishes.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nevada
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Really good Thai/Vietnamese.....The Chinese menu at least looks like pretty standard American un-Chinese food. Friendly service, clean, big portions and easy parking in the shopping center parking lot. Would definitely recommend.

Visited May 2012