“His wife screwed up” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“His wife screwed up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Don't expect your reservation to be honored, his wife and he do not communicate or write things down apparently. Consequently, our evening and meal were ruined by their rudeness and insensitivity. We never got a table and were never served!

Visited June 2011

73% Recommend
“Small and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is a small restaurant in a small cabin a bit north of Tallahassee. It has delicious Italian food, lovely wait staff and also outside dining in summer and winter. My husband gets the seafood lasagna every time.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Best restaurant in Tallahassee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We eat here on average three times a month. The food is always exquiste and consitent! Having grown up in South Florida where there is a plethora of great restaurants my family and I were pleased to find such a wonderful restaurant here in Tallahassee. We love to sit on the patio and dine al fresco style. Most recently I had the seafood lasagna which was filled with fresh seafood and my mom thoroughly enjoyed her eggplant florentine. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the wine selection. I highly recommend you check this restaurant out!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Not What It Used to Be; Now an Establishment in Decline........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have been patrons of this establishment on average 3 to 4 times a year for the past 10 years. On a recent Friday night visit, we made reservations and took 4 of our out of town guests to what we use to consider was one of Tallahassee's better locally owned resturants.

Although we were seated promptly; the service and speed of the meal was attrocious. It took over 2.5 hours to complete the meal, and this could have been longer had we not asked for the check, before we were offered desserts!

The menu and specials although were intereisting; the execution was only medicore to fair. Even regular specials liek the roasted pepper salad lacked the qualtiy and taste that we had have on numerous previous visits. Lasanga order at the table had to be sent back because it was "cold" in the center. The penne was served warm, with "seared" raw italian sausage on top. The special "stuffed banana peppers" were really Anhaeim Peppers that are actually hotter; 2 of 4 of our dinners could not handle the "heat".

Previously the resturant charged $10 as a corkage fee. That fee has now been jacked up to $20. During our 2.5 hour visit the owner (Zeke) was in the dinner area one time. But I do give him credit for being there considering the preceding week he was at a competitors establishment on a Friday night!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Worst Meal of Our Lives”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband visited this restaurant in 2009 and, like other reviewers from that time period, he enjoyed it. BUT IT IS NOW 2011. THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST RESTAURANTS I'VE EVER VISITED. The hostess had a scowl on her face and there was no eye contact. The restaurant was fairly empty (3 tables occupied) and they sat all of us right next to each other so we felt crowded in. The food was HORRIBLE. It tasted like apple cider vinegar. For the price, the portions were TINY. I made the waiter taste my entree, and he agreed it wasn't "what it was supposed to be." My husband's "fresh catch" special of the day, crab stuffed grouper, was atop soggy risotto that tasted like white american cheese and you couldn't find a drop of crab. The fish was dry and overcooked. They replaced my entree with veal picatta which was dry, leathery and didn't taste fresh. $150 later we were hungry and disappointed. This was supposed to be a fun celebration for my husband's birthday. The wine we wanted was sold out and we ended up being offered one which was almost twice the price (Surprise surprise). Oh well. Never again. SKIP THIS RESTAURANT.

• Visited September 2011