“Excellent restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Beirut, Lebanon
“Excellent restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Don't let the look of a dive on the outside fool you. Enter into a wine and specialty food store, through the little isles, and discover a little hidden restaurant with a delicious menu and a great wine selection. I loved the appetizers: had the mac and cheese with truffle oil, and the lavosh and both were DE.licious. My partner's salad was excellent. My meat dish was good but the meat was a bit chewy. Still, over all, great restaurant experience. Great for a small group of friends or for a romantic night out. Go check it out!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tallahassee, Florida
“Finally a very good restaurant in Tallahassee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Is not highly rated, but we think most people have not found this little gem tucked away in Tallahassee which is kinda nice :} I read a review from another member and thought we would try it. Always thought it was just a wine and cheese store, had no idea is was a restaurant.

They have a large selection of wines and cheeses and a varied menu of unique dishes. We ordered for an appetizer the "Black Angus Panni", presented very nicely, $12. Ok dish.
I ordered for my entree "Panko Crusted Ahi Tuna" $21, flavors were good, tuna to my liking was cooked a little too much, ( I am a personal chef and also do a panko crusted ahi tuna, so bought this to compare, I like mine better, but this was fine) I would next time suggest cooking it for half the time...just my suggestion.
Hubby ordered a "Crusted Filet Mignon Medallions" $22...which in our opinions was cooked way to long also, but the flavors were very good.
We also ordered the Creme Brulee- $6.50, which was not as good as some, not quit as creamy but a nice portion size to share.
The two tables sitting around us, ordered a baked Mac/Cheese, they obviously had been there before, so will have to order it one day for an appetizer to see what it is all about.

So all in all, this is why I cannot not give them an Excellent rating, but for Tallahasse it definitely deserves a Very Good. They look to keep the prices down by self seating, paper napkins, no table cloths and only real issue I had was low lighting, I will come next time with a flashlight...ha ha. We will be back many times. Thank goodness they are here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“europe in tallahassee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Unique ambience for Tallahassee and a sophisticated but simply delicious menu

Visited June 2012
“Hole in the wall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This little dive is a fabulous dining experience. Quiet and cozy with bursts of flavor in every bite. A bit pricey but well worth it. The wine selection is unique and the waiter is full of suggestions. Great little find.

“Best place in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

hole in the wall place but excellent food and wine. great place for a quiet date. pricey but the food and wine /drinks are worth it! my dad's favorite place in town and he knows food better than most! he has lived here almost 60 years and loves to eat!