“Great Date Night!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Date Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I took my wife here for a surprise Thai dinner while staying overnight in Tallahassee. The restaurant has a formal, romantic atmosphere which is exactly what I was looking for. We ordered the chicken satay appetizer which was hands down the best either one of us has ever eaten! My wife ordered the panang curry, and I ordered the beef Pad Thai. Both dishes were great and had a different twist than what we were used to at other Thai restaurants! For instance, the Pad Thai had larger rice noodles than the typical smaller ones. The service was also outstanding! Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable whenever we asked him questions and ensured we were well taken care of! The price was a little higher than is typical of Thai restaurants, but it was well worth it! This was a great experience, and we look forward to visiting again next time we're in the Tallahassee area!

• Visited August 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Really Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place definitely strives to create an upscale atmosphere and match it with service...For the most part, I think they achieve that....wait staff has obviously had some training...nice atmosphere....However, after recently returning from a trip to Greenville S.C. and Asheville, N.C. where we dined on asian food five out of twelve days, I struggle to give this restaurant the accolades of other reviewers. First, other than spring rolls, the appetizers are very pricey...and the spring rolls get a definite average...their house special red snapper at 34.95 may feed two--but for Tallahassee, that's really pricey...I ordered a curry dish "medium" and it was extremely spicey hot...waitress tried to explain that away, but too spicey is too spicey....all in all, nothing to rave about and no reason to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Best Thai I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Thai is my absolute favorite cuisine. As someone who is gluten-free and health conscious (and I love spicy)- Thai specialties allow me the most menu choices. Everywhere I go in the world I always try their Thai. I have compared Reang Thai with other Thai restaurants from Tallahassee to Miami, and most recently all over France. Reang Thai is still the BEST! I've been going there for years and have celebrated my last 3 birthdays there with friends (mention to the staff it's a birthday and the waiter on staff who is also an opera major will sing you the most fabulous "Happy Birthday" EVERRR! The proprietor always comes out to check on your enjoyment and chat awhile...often sending out special tastes of new menu items on the house. The food is always fresh, creatively plated, and evolving. I <3 Reang Thai!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Drive 90 miles to eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I live 90 miles from Tallahassee and my girlfriend and I make a special trip every couple of months (would go more often if we had the time) just to eat here. Some of the best Thai food I have had.

Visited May 2013
Tallahassee
“EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We love to go and share the special which is always fantastic! The atmosphere is casual yet quite and romantic. The service is always the best. Highly recommend this place

• Visited June 2013