“Best pizza in Tallahassee!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 667 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Pizza
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Best pizza in Tallahassee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I loved everything about Joe Mama's! The pizza was SO amazing. Salad was great. Atmosphere was fun. Service was awesome. My recent experience at Joe Mama's rocked and I can't wait to go back!! So so so happy to have this restaurant in Tallahassee!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DevonNunneley, Manager at Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thanks so much for the kind words! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Good pizza, but far too loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just ate at the newly opened Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza on North Monroe. All pizzas are 14" and the "due" (doo-ah) special costs about $15. It was tasty but a bit too oily. The crust was toasty, but nothing special. If you want a salad, you have to order a "split between two" dinner salad for almost $10. Water is served in a bottle (no ice). Soft drinks run $2.35. Beer and wines ran $4 up. Servers were attentive. Service was good for a "just opened" restaurant.

However, DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO CHAT WITH YOUR TABLE COMPANIONS. The noise level was actually as loud to me as a running lawnmower. The waitress stood across the table from me and half the time I could not hear her because she was not shouting. My wife and I were 2 to 3 feet apart and gave up trying to talk to one another due to the crowd noise. The floor is concrete, the ceiling low, and there are no sound dampening decorations. The noise was so loud it actually was uncomfortable. You find yourself in a cycle where everyone keeps talking louder because everyone else is talking loudly, and the noise level just keeps growing louder and louder.

If you don't mind having to shout every word you say to your friends, JMWFP might be a good place to go. To us, the average pizza was not enough to outweigh the extremely loud environment. Add to that the somewhat "pricey" menu for a pizza place. Our one-pizza for two meal ran about $28. At $14 apiece, my wife and I would like to be able to talk without shouting. That's why I rank this restaurant "Poor." As for me and my wife, I doubt that we will return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
JoeMamas, Owner at Joe Mama's Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to visit our Tallahassee restaurant. We regeret you were not totally satisfierd with your experience. The restaurant has been open for 3 days now and we'd be the first to admit we have some "tweaking" to do. We have a brand new staff getting used to a new environment and new equipment. We will continue training until we are satisfied everything is running the way it should and our food is up to our very high standards. The building we are in is fully remodeled and we have to get used to our 'new home", including managing the noise level. We have many (entusiastic) staff on the floor during the training period and this may contribute to the elevated noise level as well. We hope you give us another chance once in the future once we have "settled in". We are confident you will enjoy your next experience.