“Authentic, delicous paella prepared right in front of you!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 667 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, REAL PAELLA was founded in Tallahassee, Florida in 2006. Our company is the only business of its kind in North Florida. Real paella has served thousands of satisfied customers in the panhandle and is growing and expanding yearly. We are committed to providing the highest standards in quality, service, and presentation. Real Paella's tempting tastes derive from fresh local ingredients and spices, rice, and oil imported from Spain. The master chef only uses all-natural, never processed products, and only of the very best quality. We can provide cooking demonstrations and live flamenco music. We specialize in paella, a signature dish of Spain that brings families and friends together around the giant pan from which the delectable dish is served. We re-create that experience during live demonstrations as guests gather around the cooking site. We also offer the option to deliver the food, prepared and ready to be served. Paella parties are ideal for any festive occasion: weddings, anniversaries, office parties, birthdays, baptisms, graduations or any other special event The paella can be cooked on-site in front of guests of parties for up to 700 people. It takes about 2 hours from the time of set up until the paella is finished and ready to be eaten. In order to set up the equipment and cook we need an outside flat area of about 12 feet by 12 feet. When the food is ready, people are served right from the pan, or the paella can be moved indoors when it is ready. There is always enough paella so everyone can eat as much as they want. We recommend guests arriving while we are still cooking - part of the fun of a paella party is to watch the process of making authentic paella. Real Paella can also provide traditional "tapas" (hors d' oeuvre or gourmet mini-dishes), sangria, homemade desserts, and live flamenco music to liven up the party with the sounds of Spain.
tripree
“Authentic, delicous paella prepared right in front of you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Can't say enough good things about Juan and his team. Having attended events that Juan catered and having personally worked with him to cater a large event, I can attest to not only how authentic, fresh and delicious the food is, but that Juan is very friendly, professional and accommodating. I actually get cravings for that fabulous Real Paella paella. We are very lucky to have authentic paella in Tallahassee.

• Visited October 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just got back from Spain and Real Paella is as good or even better than what we had there! They were so helpful in recommending different options, showing up on time and cleaning up. By them serving the dinner they made sure everyone got the same amount of seafoods/chicken/pork and not just a plate of rice! My dinner party was a complete success because of how delicious Real Paella is!

• Visited July 2013
Florida
“Real Paella is the "Real" Deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

These guys are superb. We just had them cater a party for 350 people-outside-everything was fabulous. I have used their services probably 20 times-for everything from large parties (like the one in november) to intimate dinners for 20 to Family Reunions at the beach- and they have NEVER let me down. Food is always delicious, on time, served as planned-and Juan and his staff are the best. I should add that I lived in Spain and I am picky about paella-but Juan's paella is as good or BETTER than any paella I ever had in Spain. Juan Ten and Real Paella are truly the "Real" Deal!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tallahassee, fl
“Real Paella is really great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have had Juan owner of Real Paella in Tallahassee at our home on 3 occasions and I always am very pleased. The food (always fresh ingredients) is delicious, the staff wonderful and Juan's cooking/presentation is always a big hot with the guests. I have gone to other parties and it is just as good. Use him for your next gathering.

Visited August 2013
Tallahassee, FL
“Bad attitudes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I paid over $3k to have a catered event and these guys are JERKS!! the band were jerks, the owner is a jerk and they really ruined the night for me. Oh and the servers we paid $100 each sucked.

Take my word for it, even though the idea is neat, the customer service is not worth it. I don't understand why they were such jerks to us