“Economy motel gets the job done” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #46 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Economy motel gets the job done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights in March 2014, and was wary of what would greet me when I arrived. The staff was nice, the corridor areas well-lit, and the room was reasonably clean and everything seemed to work. The room had an AC unit as well as a fridge and microwave and a standard TV which all seemed to work. My unit was close to the Appalachee Pkwy, but I had little traffic/train noise in my room. This is a low-budget lodging property, but the good news is that they don't pretend to be anything but, and what they do promise, they deliver. I might stay here again if I need a value alternative.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, you may want to request a room on the rear "L" of the build...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montgomery, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed here for a night on our way to Tampa. The building is old and room/bathroom was not very clean, but not that terrible either. It was quiet at night. The hotel is very close to downtown, a mall, and several restaurants. There wasn't anyone available at the front desk when we went to checkout in the morning. After ringing the bell, the guy who came looked like he came directly from bed and wasn't very happy about it. Well, it was cheap. I would recommend this hotel if you don't want to spend too much money just a night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed there for a night on 12/12/13 to visit my husband's family in Tallahassee. We were there early so we wouldn't mind to add the early check-in charge to our bill. We like the room since it's quite big. But at night, people were so loud from the bottom floor, which we weren't sure if they were outside or inside the room. The location is good for food and it's not far from the mall too. The staffs are nice, except one lady at the check in because she didn't look happy and seemed to be upset.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over FSU Parents Weekend. Just wanted a decent place to sleep that would not cost too much. This fulfilled that need. It was convenient to the campus. Rooms are clean and spare as some others noted. TV worked great. The bathroom was clean yet basic with minimal toiletries, but I had brought my own anyway. Jay answered the phone when I called, he checked me in, and was cleaning rooms, when I checked out. Very decent operation for no frills.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked the EconoLodge as the starting point for a ten-day bicycle tour of northern Florida. The manager gladly agreed to receive our shipped bike boxes a couple of days before our arrival, and stored them for us. The place was well-maintained, inexpensive, very clean and comfortable. Spare, yes, and of the old cement-block doors-to-the-parking-lot style, but it was really perfectly fine. And they went w-a-a-y out of their way to help us. Highly recommend, especially if you don't need to spend $125 a night on a room.

• Stayed January 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Check in was easy- no issues. The room itself was old (furniture falling apart, bathroom doorknob loose, showers moldy), but that doesn't bother me at this rate. The walls were very thin- we were awoken by the neighbors. Free HBO, free wi-fi worked fine.

We walked to the football stadium. It is not for the weak or faint hearted, but it wasn't horrible. It was about 2 miles. The neighborhood is decent. There are a lot of chain restaurants in the area.

Overall, I felt like I received what I expected. I would have liked to be closer to downtown, but that would have added considerable cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Longboat Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February and November 2011. The location is GREAT (2 blocks from Capitol) Prices are good for Tallahassee (around $55 a night with AAA discounts), and there are nearby restaurants for eating out. The rooms have always been clean and spacious for an Econo Lodge, are serviced daily, and I will probably stay here again when I travel to Tallahasse and want a basic stay hotel. The challenges this hotel faces - The Indian Owners want to charge you for any extras you want (coffee, shampoos, towels, etc...) and the Breakfast Fare is decent at best - a few plastic wrapped muffins, cereal, milk and that is it).
Otherwise - for an ECONO LODGE - You get a better deal than you might expect.
And The FREE WIFI in the ROOMS actually works IN THE ROOMS - Great Quality!!!

Room Tip: Chose rooms closest to the Office where the Owners Live - You get better service and these rooms are...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Tallahassee? Share your experiences!