“Family Trip” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham - Tallahassee- FSU

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham - Tallahassee- FSU to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham - Tallahassee- FSU
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2516 West Lakeshore Drive, I-10, Exit 199, Tallahassee, FL 32303   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
East Orange
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I arrived early in the morning from a delayed flight. When I got up around 730am to take a shower t I discovered there was no bath soap I called room service and they said no one was available to bring me soap it was too early. The ceilings in the room needs paint

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dee A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham - Tallahassee- FSU, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank You, for your recent stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham, Tallahassee, FL..

We really do appreciate the feedback regarding your stay! We do understand your concern and we are making every effort to improve. Guest satisfaction is a goal of ours and we are backing it up. Our guest should have access to amenities when requested and getting them there should be speedy. There is no excuse for not making our guest feel comfortable while stayng at the Wingate Tallahassee and when on your next visit to Tallahassee, Florida; please do not hesitate to call the hotel direct.

Umatilla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed with this hotel many time. I come back because I have always liked the hotel. This trip was a disappointment. Every other time I have stay they had a complimentary happy hour, it didn't happen this time. I was unhappy but could live with it. There was a big fight in the parking lot that night, a couple police cars were there with officers dealing with a loud young man, for 3+ hours outside my window & others. This started around 8 or 9 pm. maybe the hotel management tried to get them away from the room, maybe not, but I did not get a good night sleep. I am in bed around 9 every night, I didn't get to sleep until after 11.
When I went in for a shower the next morning I saw there was no shampoo as there usually is & I expected. Also, you should check the hot water in that room, it was almost too hot.
This stay was well below what I have come to expect from this hotel. This is what I would expect from some cheap run down hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We drove all night and ended up in Tallahassee. Wanted something close to the Interstate for the next mornings drive. Found a Cracker Barrel close so we could eat dinner. Hotel had nice staff who went out of their way to make you happy and comfortable. Rooms were nice and large. Plenty of room to spread out. Everything was clean. Loved there was a Walmart nearby. Breakfast was just fine as we had coffee and cereal. The only problem I had was I was unable to call out to make a call to Georgia. After trying several times, I finally had to ask about the calls from the front office. The guy on duty could not understand why I could not call out. I kept getting the front office number. He too tried several times on his phone at the front to no avail. Finally used hubbys cell to make the call. Did not get upset over it, we just could not understand why we could not make an ' out of area ' call. In all, we enjoyed out stay and will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
First I would like to take time out an reconize you as a valued patron of Winage by Wyndham Tallahassee, it is guests like you that make our job here a must.

However; I would deeply like to apologize for any inconvenience that the hotel has caused you on your recent ; we are not in the habit of disappointing our guest, but making sure they are satisfied. Our happy hour is just one of the amenities that we offer our gues here at Wingate, the hours for this festive affair is: Tuesday thru Thursday 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm and all guest are welcome. We also like our guest to be safe while here on property and Tallahassee police department is always a phone call away. We do want to apologize for not holding up our part of making your stay a pleasant one, that's why your feedback is very important for us; so we can strive to improve our service daily. We value your opinion and would hope that you would give Wingate by Wyndham Tallahassee the opportunity to make it better. If there is anything that we can do before you arrive; please let us know.

Manassas, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel for the money. Clean and spacious rooms. The rooms are equipped with microwave and small refrigerator. The shower has a hydromassage which is just great if you've been driving for a while and need some back therapy. A caveat about internet which is free; it requires a login page which will not allow you to hook up any kind of a game device like an xbox. Unless you brought a cable (ethernet) and a laptop to bridge the two, you won't be able to use your xbox online. That only happens to those of us traveling with children and not everyone is affected. This is a very good hotel and is just off I-95.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, valued gues;t your acknowledgement of the Wingate by Wyndham Tallahassee was a honor to hear!!

We are difinitely located in an area that has easy exit and entry to I-10 interstate, a few minutes from downtown and to the FSU & FAMU Universities. I-75 and I-95 are only 1 hour and 30 minutes away I-10 interchange, and we are located just 1 minute away from I-10. While staying here our wireless and business center is available to our guest and Yes, there are special features on our webpage access for guest security.

Thank you, and we hope to see you soon!!

Management

Been to Wingate by Wyndham - Tallahassee- FSU? Share your experiences!