“Not really a BBQ joint” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #177 of 619 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: You'll only need to look around Cody's to see why "Original" is our middle name. You'll enter an era gone by, when things were simpler, more casual and definitely more relaxed. Tubs of roasted peanuts are available throughout for snackin', crackin' or throwin' on the floor. You'll enjoy Cody's fresh cut, flame broiled, USDA prime and choice Steaks, Prime Rib, Rotisserie Chicken, Pork Back Ribs, Fresh, Fresh Fish, Burgers, Fajitas and more. At Cody's, we're proud of our expert cooking skills and we've put the grill front and center for your viewing.All told, Cody's Original Roadhouse is a fun, casual, family friendly Roadhouse that serves "Just Plain Good Food®". You won't go home hungry or broke - you'll just go home happy!
Miami
“Not really a BBQ joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Service was great (I think our server's name was Kim). Big portions. Excellent fried green tomatoes and fried pickles. I should've ordered a steak. BBQ chicken and ribs were mediocre.

Visited December 2012

“DON'T GET ME STARTED!!😡”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I'm just going to say it flat out it's terrible. The servers were always never attendant and the rolls came out 30 min. After we sat down! They don't cook there steaks correctly and I truly don't like it ALL! I've been twice and both times have been a disaster. The first time we went I was excited to give it a try but defiantly isn't my favorite.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
North Florida
“Good Food At An Affordable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family has eaten at the Tallahassee Cody's Roadhouse several times over the last 2 months. We enjoy starting off with our beverages, endless in-the-shell peanuts, and delicious warm yeast rolls. Most meals come with an endless salad as well. My recommendation is based on their Top Sirloin Steak which comes in at about $15.00. Have only had 1 small complaint when the steak was a little undercooked for my taste.....otherwise the quality and taste of the steak was as good as most of the $25+ steaks from other steakhouses. Please try their baked sweet potato with cinnamon butter. Service has been good each time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Moultrie, Georgia
“Pleasing food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My parents like Cody's so we eat here when we visit home. The service has always been consistent and friendly. The steaks were all cooked correctly. The hamburger steaks are huge. we also liked the buffalo shrimp and fajitas. Our drinks were never empty. The atmosphere and location are good.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee
“still a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Cody's is close to my Mom's house so we decided on the spur of the moment to give them another try. I just don't know if we go on the wrong days or we pick the wrong things. The waitstaff was fine, they were friendly and attentive. However the wait for the food was long considering that they were not busy. My husband ordered Prime Rib and my Mom and I both ordered the Sirloin chopped salad. The salad was supposed to be dressed with the house salad. The dressing was so watered down as to be almost tasteless. The steak was not cooked according to their chart. Mine was supposed to Medium and it was really well done and no longer even warm. Mom's steak was closer to medium well. We really had to salt the salad and steak to have any flavor at all. So mediocre I think we are done with Cody's. This was our 3rd time I think. Never blown away.

• Visited November 2012