“No Frills Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Homosassa, Florida
“No Frills Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were visiting our daughter at FSU for the weekend and decided to stay at the Motel 6. We were traveling with our dog and they are pet friendly. I like the fact they do not charge an extra fee when you bring a pet. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, so no complaints there. I was surprised to find they don't have a coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave in the basic rooms. We only stayed one night but for someone who plans on staying longer I would recommend upgrading to the room with those amenities.

Some of the other guest looked a bit "rough" and there was a bit of noise early in the evening outside. But it was quiet the rest of the night which was good. I don't think we would stay there again, simply because I am used to motels that offer the above mentioned amenities in their standard rooms. But if you are just looking for a place to sleep and don't mind not having these, it is not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We use Motel 6 a lot.. We called into their 'West' property, we were so impressed by the reception area and attitude, walked out and headed for _'downtown'
The property looks attractive, as does the area. The very pleasant female receptionist could not have been more helpful. We had room 110, a room for handicapped, but the only room available on the ground floor.(on holiday for eight weeks we have a lot of luggage !). Well decorated, clean room. Its right next door to "The Olive Garden", so if you arrive tired its a very short walk. Walking around the property its well maintained. Not the motel's fault, but a minority of other guests seemed to enjoy shouting to each other after 11-00 pm, slamming car doors and running car engines (with defective exhausts). This annoyed my partner, I was asleep. Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were a bit apprehensive about our first stay in this cheap chain but we were very happy with it. Great size, clean, quiet, pool looked clean. It's in a fabulous location near downtown. I wouldn't stay anywhere else given the excellent price

Stayed December 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Back in Feb I called Motel 6 group sales to set up a group reservation for the Miami/FSU game

I had 20 rooms total

For starters when I checked in I was overcharged for my room, although I did eventually get a small credit back for that.

The reservation was for 2 nights. (11/1 and 11/2) and everybody called individually to reserve their own rooms and hold them on their own CC. As I was on my way into town I began getting calls that they wouldnt let anybody check in until I got there since my name was on the group reservation. I then started to get cals from people saying they were being told that the reservation was for only 1 night and not 2. When I went to check in, I had mt printed email confirm showing it wad for 2 nights, yet Sonya behind the desk still tried to insist that it was only for 1 night.

Later on I went down to the desk and spoke with Tiffany about the rest of our group that was coming in. I gave her the names on the reservations and she verified that she had every one of them in the system. Not an hour later I get a call from somebody saying they were being told they no longer had a reservation.

I went down to the desk to find out what was going on and was confronted by the GM (Will Hill) who accused me of trying to "intimidate" their staff. After speaking with him he admitted that he cancelled the rest of our group rooms because somehow he decided that the reservation was made at the other property they have in town.

We had 16 people who were going to be staying in 4 doubles.....and he did finally agree to give them rooms at no charge.....the problem is that all of the rooms were singles. (16 people in 4 singles)

At 2:15 am I got a text from the other 6 members of our group who were also told that their reservation for 2 rooms was also cancelled. These 6 individuals wound up spending the weekend sleeping in their car.

I have never seen such incompetence and unprofessionalism in my life. The GM told me that having these rooms "blocked" was "costing them business"

Excuse me? If somebody checks in....that room generates revenue. If they dont show up, their card gets charged for not canceling and the room gets resold anyway. That made no sense to me.

Will Hill isnt qualified to run a hotel and his front desk staff tried their best, but clearly need additional training because they certainly were not prepared to handle large groups.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear NJto - We apologize for the reservation issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I only got a room here bc i needed a hotel room for an early 6AM check in that would allow me to stay that entire day until the next morning without charging me the night before or half the night before. The clerk was VERY nice at check in!! I got to the room w my infant son and immediately went to turn the air off bc it was cold. As soon as I flipped the latch open to the AC, about 10 roaches went scattering out!!!! I called right down to the desk and they gave me a refund as well as told me the general manager was coming to inspect the room, yea right they just didn't want me to think I could pull a fast one and stay after getting my refund. I couldn't get outta there fast enough...GROSS.

PS- she did offer a new room, but we all know if one room has them then they all do and I wouldn't subject my baby to that environment, not for $42! Who could sleep after seeing that?

• Stayed January 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This is like the third or fourth time I stayed at this location. It is very affordable and the rooms are clean. I had to pay for wireless but is cheap too. Good TV reception, rooms looks in good repair and smelled clean. Highly recommended for the road warrior if your stop is between Downtown Tallahassee and I-10. Close to Chilis and. Shopping malls .

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We just got back from parents weekend at FSU. The only good thing about this place was the Desk Clerk Tiffany. She was a real sweetheart. I had to go out and buy a spray because the room STUNK. Woke up with a terrible headache and chest was on fire because of the mold. Blasted the A/C and left the door open to see if that would help..NOT!!!!!! I realize for the price I should not expect anything more, but come on.....Not even a blanket. Refused to use their ripped bedspreads so I had to call down for a blanket....Will def spend the money on a better place, but since it was last minute guess I had to settle for what I got..

Room Tip: Room down the street