“Tallahasse Fairfield” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Ocklawaha, Florida, United States
“Tallahasse Fairfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good location- good price for a Marriott property. I was on business and needed a place close to downtown and this worked just fine. I tried to stay at the Marriott the last two times while in town but full to capacity.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I picked this property at random because I was using Marriott points and this one only required 10,000 points. Sometimes it is hit and miss with Fairfield Inns, but this one was a hit. Clean, friendly, in a good part of town, and the room was perfect. There are good restaurants very close (it is on restaurant row - many, many choices within a mile). We had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor and you can avoid the stairs and elevator.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

We were here for a baseball camp, picking up our son after a week at FSU (great school). Although it was only one night, the room was very nice, clean and roomy for 4. I was a little concerned when a school bus full of teenagers appeared right after we checked in, but they were mostly well behaved and quiet after 10 pm, The indoor pool is small, but I generally don't stay for the pool activities. Beds are very comfortable, and the room was a good value for one night. Breakfast was good, and even with the bus load of kids, the staff made every effort to ensure that food was available for all guests and the area was clean during the breakfast time. No complaints here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014 via mobile

My experience was pleasant from the time I checked in until the time I left. The room was spotless, updated decor, lobby was clean and nicely decorated. I had a problem with my refrigerator wasn't working and Dennis, who was the attendant working the front desk came to our room personally to make sure our refrigerator was working. He also offered to put my food in the staff refrigerator.....I was impressed. The location of the hotel was centrally located and in walking distance to Walgreens, Zaxbys, and a few other restaurants. I thought it would be alot of traffic throughout the hotel because it was FAMU homecoming weekend but to my surprise it wasn't. Despite the prior reviews I could not hear what was going on in the room next door. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and if I were in town again this would be my first choice for lodging.

• Stayed November 2014
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Recently stayed on a weekday overnight and had a nice quiet stay. Reception was fine with a no-hassle checkin. Breakfast was pretty inclusive with lots of standard fare as well as some yogurt, fruit, cereals, etc. Very convenienlty located near Governor's Mall and other centrally located facilities. Room was clean and everything worked. What you would expect from Fairfield Inn and Suites...

Room Tip: Try to stay on the fourth (top) floor, I think its a little quieter.
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We were hit by the scent of Febreze as we entered the hotel. It is clean and neat in appearance, but why the heavy scent? Check in went smoothly. Our room seemed smallish for a Fairfield Inn, and tired. We could hear street noise, and the noise of doors opening and closing in the corridors.
Breakfast was generous, hot and cold offerings, lots of choices. Tallahassee is always hard, finding a good hotel. I think we'll try the Courtyard on our next stay . . .

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far from Appalachee as possible, and on a higher floor. Beware of party rooms...
Manassas, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Arrived around 11:40 PM. The person behind the counter was very polite. Greeted us with a friendly good evening. We were staying here with several other family members and friends. My room was previously booked by one of the family members. We ended up with a handicapped room. I tried to change it feeling guilty if someone else really needed it. The lady at the front desk apologized and said they were all out of double queen rooms. While I was at the counter a lady walked up, interrupted us and started complaining that there were people next door having a party as if I was invisible. She eventually let the lady finish talking to me. The room ad you can imagine was spacious. The bad was I found hair in the sink and one of the towels. Otherwise it wasn't a bad stay for two nights. Anything we asked for at the front desk such as towels etc. we received. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, and small exercise room. The breakfast consisted of cereal, bagels, and English muffins, muffins, and hard boiled eggs, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, Canadian bacon, shredded cheese, Belgium waffles, yogurt, orange juice, apple juice, milk and coffee. They even had picante sauce packages and Texas Pete hot sauce for the scrambled eggs. The lobby and breakfast area had plenty of seating and tables. There was an area with two computers for anyone to use. Overall, not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!