“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
orlando
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We scheduled a campus tour of FSU and needed a place to stay the night. Our room was clean, the lobby nice and bright, and the breakfast buffet was just enough. I like getting what I paid for, about $100/night and no complaints. We had two adjoining rooms and were allowed to checkout an hour late, to return from the tour. My only suggestion would be to have area maps available as the receptionist wasn't from the area and couldn't provide directions.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The girl that checked us in was wonder she was from Cleveland, Ohio just like my family she made our stay very pleasant and so did Tremain the front desk clerk was also great. There customer service skills where wonderful. The only issue was that when I went to plug in my charger to charge my phone noticed that there was a lot of dust on the bed skirt, You would have thouth the housekeeping staff would notice that when they changed the sheets. Other than the dust issue the breakfast was nice and food was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I'm not sure when this Fairfield Inn was built, but it seems fairly new. Check-in/Check-out was simple, the room was nice, beds were very comfortable, and staff were pleasant. The only reason it does not get 5 stars is is is located at he intersection of Apalachee Parkway and Capitol Circle, which makes it a bit loud. (However, also convenient).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was a dark and stormy night . . . when I pulled into this Fairfield Inn. I was annoyed by the rain, the cold, and the long drive I had had. I was warmly greeted by Tramayne and all that annoyance disappeared. He was such a friendly and nice young man - what a great, young professional to be greeted by! During my 4-night stay, I came into contact with several employees, and they were all just as nice. I like nice people!

My room was roomy and clean and very comfortable. It had a frig, and super-comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom was large and very clean. They had these stark-white subway tiles in the shower and I always wonder how hotels keep those tiles so clean!

The breakfast in the morning was very good; better than most. Scrambled eggs (as well as hard-boiled), some kind of meat, lots of breads, waffles, juices, cereal, fruit cups, coffee, tea, etc. You definitely get enough to eat. The breakfast area is clean and friendly.

There is ample free parking and very good free wi-fi. There's a pool and a gym, neither of which I used.

I found this location to be perfect for my needs. It is on a main drag through Tallahassee. Just a couple miles down the street is the downtown area and The Capitol. There is a mall within a mile, as well as a Target, Walmart (the other direction), Best Buy, etc. There are lots of chain restaurants, and fast food joints. There's a grocery store maybe a mile or two any direction. It seemed like a safe, well-travelled area.

I was here for the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge and St. Marks. That was about a 20 mile drive south of this location. It was a quick drive, with no traffic on either street to get there.

I do have one complaint and that is that they use laundry detergent that has perfume in it. I can't stand that and I don't come across it too often in Marriotts. This was not really that bad; the smell was faint, but still bothersome to me. It was on the towels and the sheets. People with allergies are very sensitive to this. I just wish all hotels would go scent-free and dye-free - it's better all the way around. I won't let that minor detail alter my review because, like I said, it was minimal.

This was a great stay and I look forward to staying here again when my travels bring me to Tallahassee.

Oh, and I will mention on other thing. This location is not right off I-10; it is several miles away from it. So, if you are looking for a hotel that has very easy access to the Interstate, this isn't it. This one is much closer to downtown Tallahassee.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were awarded a complementary night by Marriott Rewards and decided to stay here on our way back north. The certificate said the award was good for up to a Category 4 facility. We asked for the usual king suite. But after we arrived, the very nice lady at the front desk said Marriott would only give us a king room. The first floor room was ten feet from the lobby and very, very small. There was hardly room to get the luggage cart into the room. However, it was clean, updated, and well-maintained. The staff were very nice and the breakfast was varied and quite good.

Room Tip: If you need or are interested in a suite, make sure you get one.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the Fairfield Inn at 1am on a Thursday evening, after working a nine hour day, driving seven hours to Tallahassee and battling one of the worst sicknesses I've ever had. I was broken, fever ridden, achy, sweaty (even though it was freezing outside), my eyes were on fire, I couldn't turn my head from side to side because my glands were so swollen and my throat felt like I had been swallowing shards of glass all day. So, I was a bit cranky to say the least. I was greeted warmly by Andrew who, even though it was late and I could barely hear him because my ears were so clogged, took the time to explain all of the hotels amenities, check me in quickly and direct me to the hot water and tea. The next morning I woke up feeling like I was on deaths doorstep, was over 400 miles away from home and was a little scared at how much sicker I had become since the night before. I needed a doctor and I needed one fast. I slowly got dressed and dragged myself downstairs at 9am, which is the exact time breakfast ends. Tanya, also known as Ms. T., was the woman in charge and she was an angel. Not only did she allow me to take my time and enjoy breakfast, but she also found a doctor for me to go to, loaded me up with tons of honey and tea bags for later, was kind and gentle with me and even said a prayer for me. She is one of the most genuine and kindest people I've ever met and I am truly grateful for her warm and nurturing demeanor. Although I was sick as a dog, she helped ease my fears and made me feel a little better about being so sick and so far away from home. I don't think she realizes how much better she made me feel that morning. You can tell that's just the type of person she is...which is rare in today's world.

I ended up being sicker than I thought and was prescribed antibiotics and steroids at the urgent care center. I returned to my hotel room to get some rest and was surprised that Dennis, the gentleman at the front desk, inquired to see how I was feeling and offered me orange juice, more tea and anything I needed. Ms. T's cousin, Lakisha, was just as attentive the following morning at breakfast.

I travel to Tallahassee about 7-10 times per year and my stay at the Fairfield was my absolute favorite. The staff is PHENOMENAL. Although I was sick, over 400 miles away from home and a little scared, I never felt alone. The entire staff was attentive, caring and made sure I had everything I needed at all times. I would definitely stay at the Fairfield again.

Thank you Andrew, Ms. T., Dennis and Lakisha! Words cannot express how truly grateful I am for your kindness.

• Stayed December 2013
Palmetto, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This Fairfield Inn was well worth the stay. It is modern, appealing and clean. The staff is very helpful and the room was comfortable and quiet. It was a fair price for the area. It was close to the capital and other attractions in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!