“Newest Fairfield Inn in Tallahassee” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Winter Haven, Florida
“Newest Fairfield Inn in Tallahassee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at this new Fairfield Inn this past weekend. Nice bright leaf green motif in lobby and rooms. Well decorated and comfortable hotel-very fresh feeling and open. Bed and bedding were very comfortable but the towels were disappointing. I was shocked at how thin they were especially since this is a relatively new hotel. I had no problem accessing WiFi on my iPad. TV worked great and had a lot of stations, including many movies. We stayed on 4th floor to avoid any noise from above so it was pretty quiet. There were many young boys staying in the hotel due to basketball or baseball tournaments and some of them were running around unsupervised but didn't last too long. Only problem we had was last morning there after returning to the room from breakfast our keys would not work. We got new ones at the front desk and they did not work so we had to go down yet again. The lady working the desk that day was not very personable and was not readily available as I had to wait for her to return. The lady at check-in was great!

Room Tip: Only gave service average because of the problem with the keys on the last day. Higher floors redu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Longwood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After staying at more than a dozen hotels in the Tallahassee area in the past three years, we decided to give the Fairfield on Apalachee Parkway a try based on their comparable rates and proximity to our destination. This was a two day stay and this was not a football weekend!

The hotel was spotless and the lobby area had a fresh and up-to-date look. The desk staff was personable and efficient. We stayed on the second floor and had two rooms facing each other across the hall. The rooms were among the best we've seen in cleanliness and appointments. The beds were comfortable and the AC was mostly unobtrusive. The hotel was very quiet.

This is where things start to come unraveled. Upon arriving in the room, we noticed the TV in one of the rooms was unplugged to both the wall and to the cable box. The TV in the other room was plugged in, but needed to be rebooted. We had to move furniture to reinstall both cable to the box and the plug to the wall. You're probably wondering why I am doing this and not hotel maintenance. Well, when I called the front desk, there was no offer to move me to other rooms, no offer to have hotel maintenance fix the problem, and no follow-up to see if I fixed the problem. Nope, just the front desk telling me to reboot the TV and connect the wires. I guess this is part of Marriott's "self-help" program.

Upon leaving the next morning, we were in town all day and did not return to our rooms until 7pm that evening. We found our rooms untouched by any maid service. No trash pick-up, no towels, no bed made, nothing. I went downstairs to the front desk and the perplexed front desk employee offered nothing more than fresh towels. Once again, the Marriott "self-help" program was put into action.

The shame of this stay is that the hotel was nice, but the service was woefully lacking, which is why it rises to an average rating. I stressed this was not a football weekend because that taxes any staff. I can accept that! But this was simply a case of staff that didn't care or were not communicating with supervision.

There are too many hotels in Tallahassee that want my business for me to try this hotel again if I plan to stay more than one day.

Room Tip: One day stay only!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Miguel M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I want to convey my apologies for the issues you encountered during your recent visit at The Fairfield Inn Suites Tallahassee Central, and thank you for taking the time write your concerns. I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience you experienced.

I hope that you give us another opportunity. And return to our beautiful and newest Fairfield Inn Suites by Marriott in Tallahassee Florida, our staff and I will be happy to have you back as our guest and will make every effort to ensure you have a memorable time during your next visit.

Management
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was nothing more than expected from a Fairfield, and perhaps even a little less than expected. The room was not as clean as it should have been upon arrival. Specifically, the bathroom shower had not been thoroughly cleaned, and the chair in the bedroom had obvious and glaring stains that definitely should have been taken care of before the guests arrived. On a positive note, the a/c in the rooms works very well. The fitness center is open 24 hours but only has 1 elliptical and 2 treadmills (which is basically what one would expect). The water cooler in the fitness center was empty at 6:00 a.m., so obviously no one took the time to check it either that morning or the night before. We did advise the front desk, but it was not refilled before we had left. For some reason, the lights in the fitness center would automatically turn off every 15 minutes, and then turn back on. On the bright side, the breakfast presentation was very nice. The employee who was working and taking care of it was the only one working that morning and she did a wonderful job making sure the tables were cleaned as people left, and the items were refilled as necessary. She was efficient and very pleasant to all the guests. As Fairfield goes, it was an average property and provided an adequate room for the night.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first time this past weekend. It was probably the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. Also, the people were very nice. We had a room with a king bed which was a little small. Next time we will probably get 2 doubles just to have a little more room, but it wasn't a problem. I will certainly stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm simply a visual person. Provided all the service aspects of the hotel are in place (as they were here) I'm going to be looking at my surroundings which in this case were wonderfully vibrant! The blue/green combinations in my room were FRESH!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I loved this hotel, it has to be one of the best hotels I've stayed in and I've stayed in the Marriott, embassy suites, Hilton this hotel is definitely up there with the big name's. I would stay here again the rooms are super clean and the staff was excellent. You get what you pay for and more at the fairfield inn.

• Stayed April 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just got back from my stay yesterday. It's been a long time since I've stayed at a Fairfield, maybe ten years, so I was impressed to see the updates that have been made by Fairfield. The hotel was clean and modern. The staff at check in, and at breakfast were attentive and helpful. The only thing I would improve on are the towels. I know it seems petty, but everything else was above average, so I guess I expected towels that were thicker, if not larger. I look forward to staying here again when I am forced to Tallahassee...Go Gators!

• Stayed April 2013