“Really good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Columbia, MO
“Really good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'll be honest, I didn't really expect much from this hotel, but it was new, clean, and had free breakfast. The room was pretty quiet and the beds were comfortable. Will definitely stay here again on the next trip to Tallahassee.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We've tried a number of hotels in Tallahassee as our daughter attends school at Florida State. This is one we liked a lot -- not too far from campus and an easy commute west on Apalachee. The hotel is new, rooms nice, beds comfortable, maid service great and we liked the common living area. We even watched a football game there.

We will likely stay here again. Staff was very friendly.

Three complaints, however:
1. Pool had very cold water -- other guests complained of this, too.
2. Pool had no clock. This would be an easy fix.
3. It is hard to turn left/west out of parking.

Breakfast isn't as nice as Holiday Inn Express, but they did have egg/bacon sandwiches that you could microwave.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel and I needed to share my experience. My daughter is currently a student at FSU so I have been traveling to Tallahassee very often. My first visit I was very pleased but on my second visit I had to take the time to post a comment. I arrived to Fairfield Inn at 10am driving 8 hours. I explained to the staff that I knew I was very early as check in was at 4pm, could they try and accommodate me with an early check in. They said "of course we will". I was then offered continental breakfast and at 12 pm, they gave me a hotel room! 4 hours early and I had eaten...how many hotels would have done that? Fairfield Inn Centrsl sure did! I slept for the reminder of the afternoon and felt refreshed and rested. I stayed in a guest suite - 2 queen beds and a sofa area with an additional television. The room are modern, comfortable and a great use of space with also includes a microwave and refrigerator. This is my NEW place away from home. I use to be a Hilton rewards member but I am so happy with the Marriott chains of hotels.

Room Tip: I am now a happy Marriott rewards member, so I go through their website to gain points, search for d...
Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here at December 31st, and arrived around 10PM. It's a strange time to arrive I think for any hotel, but our welcome was warm and helpful. We opted for the suite (which only costed 10$ extra), in return you get a separate seating area with (extra) tv, sofa, comfy chair, table and desk. Perfect for a late night snack/diner. The hotel was only built in 2011 and it shows. Everything still looks brand new, and the interior has a nice, refreshing, modern overall look. I'm not convinced though this hotel will "age well" as the materials used don't seem to be top quality. But, that's nitpicking, for now: no complains there.

As the room looks like it's was finished yesterday it almost automatically feels like it's clean. However, although it was certainly not dirty, after closer inspection, it wasn't spotless either. Especially the (I'd guess) less commonly used furniture, like the extra table in the sitting area of the suite, could have used an extra cleaning. We noticed this as we wiped the table, preparing for it to be used as our "late night dining table".

The breakfast the following day (January 1st, obviously a weird day as well), wasn't much to talk about. Almost no fruit, or other healthy options, and nothing warm (unless you count the terrible looking bacon and egg-ready to be microwaved sandwiches).

Don't get me wrong, we were happy to be there, and I can easily imagine above mentioned details would have been better if we arrived on any other day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Coming back from visiting friends and selected Fairfield Inn to stay the night. Reviews were right on point. The hotel was exceptionally clean, excellent customer service, and very comfortable accommodations. The room ( double queen) was spacious and even had a fridge and microwave. Great for traveling families. The beds, linens and pillows were all very nice, making for a wonderful night's sleep.
The complimentary breakfast was AMAZING! Kids made fresh waffles, and coffee was delicious! Selection included: hard boiled eggs, cereals, muffins, bagels/toast, sausage biscuits and yogurt and fruit! ALL FREE!
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay in Tallahassee. Great value for everything they offer!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our family stopped here for an overnight stop on our way back to Missouri from Orlando.
After checking reviews and info on trip advisor we chose this location and were very pleased. Clean comfortable room and a good breakfast the next morning before we headed back onto the highway. Web actually booked the room about an hour before we arrived at midnight. Checking and checkout was quick and simple.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although I typically stay at Marriott's Courtyard product I've now spent three trips up to Tally to visit my son at FSU at the Fairfield Inn & Suites (everytime I go up the Courtyard is booked solid). The Fairfield is a bit further down Apalachee but in some ways this is nice - I can hit one of the restaurants along the way if necessary; stop in at Ross or the mall for items my son suddenly realizes he "needs" with my arrival and...best of all there is a CVS and an ABC right next door.
The staff has been very friendly each time I'm here and were really on top of their game for Parent's weekend. Its a relatively new hotel and the rooms are very clean - basic but with the necessities. The gym is moderate, the wireless is fantastic and the breakfast is simple but offers hardy to "after gym" and most importantly they keep the coffee carafes full!
It's a fairly quick trip to campus - I've made it to Wildwood Residence Hall in 12 minutes in fairly normal traffic. I've seen quite a few people use cabs so its definitely an option.
Overall - just good solid consistent quality and a usually (not Parent's weekend!) a decent value as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!