“Clean & Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East

You added Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1653 Raymond Diehl Road, Tallahassee, FL 32308 (Formerly Cabot Lodge Tallahassee)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean & Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed 2 nights for a family event. Remodeling is complete, and the entire hotel was spotless! Right off I-10/Thomasville Road exit.

New mattresses, choice of soft or firm pillows on each bed, new paint, shower curtains, carpet. The entire staff (J & G at check in; the 6 ladies on our floor in housekeeping; the breakfast attendant) worked very hard to ensure our stay was impeccable, and it was. I will stay here again when in Tallahassee. Thanks to all!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I swear every time I visit this hotel in Tallahassee my experiences just keep getting better I love how clean this hotel is as well as the service I received from the very courteous and professional staff I stated on my last review that this was by far my best hotel experience in Tallahassee throughout all my visits and I'm standing by my word 100% and I am definitely going back to the Tallahassee east holiday inn express every time I visit Tallahassee.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear we not only met but exceeded your travel expectations. We thank you for your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed on the fifth floor in a newly redone room. The bed was super and the room very good. We like the great pillow choices. The service was excellent.

Our phones did not make the time change as we drove east so we missed breakfast. I went down and mistakenly thought they ended early. My bad.

Overall, this is a very good value hotel with an excellent location for road trips. And the Japanese restaurant across the street was a bonus.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our brand new beds. Comfort is very important, so we are happy you had a restful night.
We are sorry you missed our yummy breakfast, but hope you will return in the near future and enjoy our many hot and cold options, including our yummy pancakes. Thank you for your business.
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

On our tour through Florida we stopped in Tallahassee and booked a nice and spacious room at this hotel. Everything was OK and we liked the hotel, the room and the pool. We just got what we were waiting for and the rate was reasonable. The hotel is close to the Interstate and easy to find. The staff was friendly and helpful and they recommended to go to Ted's Montana Steak House famous for the Bison steaks. This was a good recommendation. Should we come again to Florida's Capital, we would definitely book at the Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East. A last tip: Go to see the State Capitol downtown Tallahassee. It is really worth!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have a choice in where you stay, so thank you for allowing us to be your hotel selection while passing through Tallahassee. We do hope you will return in the near future, so we can welcome you back!
Oviedo, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

I visit the Tallahassee area regularly and seen an older facility beginning renovated and opening as a Holiday Inn Express. As I typically will stay in a Holiday Inn express I decided to try out their new facility. The facility has new carpeting, furnishings, bedding and news towels, the overall appearance was satisfactory. Unfortunately they did not replace the heating and air-conditioning units in the rooms which were noted extremely noisy. In addition the luggage carts were not replaced and in bad condition and the closet door in the room would not close once open. Also throughout the evening the television would lose its signal. Rooms are equipped with a small microwave and a refrigerator.

As I was preparing for bed I heard a lot of kids yelling, screaming and running in the hallway, this continued for an extended period of time. Realizing I was not going to get any sleep in that room with all the noise in the hallway I contacted the front desk and requested a room change. It turns out that several bus loads of high school students had checked in and were placed on two floors of the hotel. I was given another room away from the noise, unfortunately the air conditioning unit in my new room was so noisy I had to turn it off and do without the unit for the evening. It was too late to ask for another room as I had to get up to work early in the morning.
I find it puzzling that a facility that knows in advance they will have bus loads of students places other guests in rooms on the same floors when the facility appeared far from capacity.

Breakfast was as expected 50-75 high school kids wiped out what food was made available and it was impossible for the attendant to keep it stocked. And what a mess the breakfast area was, food spilled on the counters, floors, etc. It was possible after an extended period of time to get coffee and a piece of toast but seating was impossible.

Based on this experience next time I'm in Tallahassee I plan to return to the hotel where I previously stayed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent experience with us. We are very sorry to hear you had a few opportunities with the property. We would like to have you back to experience an exceptional stay with us and get a great night`s rest. We do know large groups do tend to overwhelm some guest, so we will do our best to prep our team to ensure every guest has a great experience. We hope you will return and give us another chance to wow you. We appreciate you and your business.
Waleska, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The last time we were in Tally, we stayed here and it was a nice Cabot Lodge, but now the same place on Raymond Diehl Dr. is Holiday Inn Express and very nice, too. They have remodeled throughout, no more 5pm happy hour and popcorn, but now the famous HI breakfast makes up for it--Those cinnamon buns, good scrambled eggs and sausage (choice of turkey or pork), and all the cereal, pancakes, and juices as usual. The rooms are also newer and have better bathrooms with the long granite tables at the bathroom lavatory. Very convenient to I-10, Thomasville Hwy., Captiol Circle, and downtown....The other side of town from FSU, but still not over 10 min. to the stadium if you are there for a game. Next to the Hampton and several eating places, so no problem with convenience. Good desk personnel, and housekeeping staff, especially Wanda and the man responsible for the food service!!

Room Tip: It is near Killearn Gardens, and there are loads of eating places along Capitol Circle and also just...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Thank you for being a repeat guest. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our complete renovation and all of the added advantages to being part of the IHG family. Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you back again in the near future. We hope to be your only choice in where you stay, when your travels bring you to Tallahassee.
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for a family trip with our young child. This hotel was recently renovated from a Cabot Lodge into a Holiday Inn Express. YEAH!!! The lobby and breakfast area décor were very inviting. The extra seating area with plush chairs and big screen near the entrance door was a pleasant surprise. Our room was nicely furnished with all new fixtures and the hotel in general looks great. The breakfast attendant did a nice job welcoming us each morning. We enjoyed the close proximity of this hotel to restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The location is just off of I-10 but a short drive to the downtown area. We will certainly consider this location again on our way south.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to post about your recent experience with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our fresh new look and feel. We are very proud of this new brand and product, so its always great to hear from our guest as well. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East? Share your experiences!