“Reliable Lodging” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Longwood, Florida
“Reliable Lodging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed at the Cabot Lodge for the first time in several years based on their excellent room rates for the weekend we were planning our Tallahassee visit. Cabot has been in Tallahassee for a long time and they have never disappointed us. Like most hotels in Tally, they offer a breakfast from with a sizable list of items for any palate. It's tasty and filling.

However, we particularly like the free beer and wine at happy hour. Few hotels in this area offer this amenity. The rooms were well appointed and the TV channel offerings are among the largest of any Tallahassee hotel. The beds are comfortable and the room is quiet. Our stay was quite enjoyable and we plan to stay at Cabot again when circumstances warrant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CabotLodgeTLH, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Roc53,
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee. We hope you will continue to depend on our friendly staff and reliable service. When you need us again please do not hesitate to contact us through our personal front desk service. We look forward to having you and your family again soon.

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Davie, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here in August, 2013. We booked 3 rooms. 2 out of the 3 rooms had issues. Plumbing and musty odor in rooms. Toilet was leaking all over bathroom floor. We got stuck in the main elevator. The beds were not comfortable and were very hard. The front desk staff was not concerned and did not seem to care about any of the issues. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel. (Diehl Location)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CabotLodgeTLH, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Nole 13,
We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you recently experienced as our guest. Your opinion is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we can make improvements. We are currently in the planning stages to begin renovations at the property in December. Thank you for your input, your comments will be considered.
Karen Lambert, General Manage
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Frank, the night manager at Cabot Lodge, is terrific. My apartment was uninhabitable, and I went to the Cabot Lodge after my first choice was booked up (and close to 9pm at night!). I was anxious about the price and availability. Frank sensed my anxiety, and was able to quickly (and kindly) answer my questions, ease my anxiety, and upgraded my room for free. Wow! Didn't expect that at all!

The A/C was a bit noisy, but that's how it often goes. I wasn't anticipating free breakfast (after all, my first concern was a room with A/C, a decent bath and bed, and no water on the floor, unlike my apartment at the time), but there was a great free breakfast the next morning! The coffee was good, there was real half and half, and lots of food choices for this level of hotel.

Wow. I didn't expect this kind of stay, but was pleasantly surprised. And many thanks to Frank, who delivered great service and gave me calm reassurance when I needed it.

Room Tip: The king plus/extra rooms are nice. Large bathroom, nice soaps, shampoos.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
CabotLodgeTLH, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hello Laura G,
We so appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay. We have a wonderful team at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee and are proud of all our crew! Frank is certainly one of our outstanding employees and has been with us for some time. We hope you will have another occasion to visit us and bring your friends and family members soon.
Thank you again, your business means a lot to us!
Karen Lambert, General Manager
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stay at this Cabot often. The staff is very friendly. They have little turn-over so I always see the same people which is nice, they remember me and welcome me back. I love the free breakfast, so convenient and quick. In the eveings they have a free happy hour...nice to unwind after a hectic day and visit with other guests. Love the cozy atmosphere. Don't know why I wouldn't keep staying there!

Room Tip: Top floor is nice...robe in room, free bottled water in room.. fax & printer on floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear L442013,
We appreciate your great review of our hotel! Your satisfaction is important to us and we try to make every guest's stay exemplary. In such a busy world, we also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with readers. Your opinion matters and your satisfaction is important to us. When you need us again please let us offer our services!
Safe travels,
Karen Lambert, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at the Cabot Lodge because it was conveniently located to the places I needed to be in Tallahassee. This is not a brand new hotel or a 5 star hotel, but completely adequate for my needs. The free happy hour, breakfast and snacks made for easy mornings and evenings. The staff were all friendly and helpful. I will stay here again when I return and appreciate its convenience, cleanliness and price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CabotLodgeTLH, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Ha121,
Your kind comments are very much appreciated. We are in the planning stages for some renovations to begin in December. Please allow us to offer our services to you and your guests again in the near future. Your repeat business is very important to us.
Thanks again and safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staying at the Cabot lodge was overall a great experience! They did have complication with the internet, but they told me they would check on it immediately. The rooms were nice and the front desk was willing to help with my needs. great location! I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
CabotLodgeTLH, General Manager at Cabot Lodge Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. Internet speed is an issue we are currently working on with our ISP and we are in hopes that will be resolved very quickly. You should see a difference during future stays. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visit Tallahassee frequently on business and unfortunately they book me at the Cabot Lodge every time. The hotel needs a serious bath and renovation. The rates are not comparable to the service and I am dissatisfied every-time I stay there. For those of you who may be interested - book elsewhere. The hotel is old, walls and carpet are dirty, towels smell, and the Internet signal is very weak or nonexistent. On one occasion in July 2013, I called regarding the Internet connection only to be told "I don't know what you want me to do about it!" Wow, really!? Not what a returning, paying customer wants to hear from a hotel representative.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sureka F,
I want to offer my sincere apology for your recent dissatisfying stay with us. Your review is appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. We are in the planning stages and will soon be taking large steps to enhance our property. The satisfaction of our guests is important to us and we take quality of service very seriously. Please come back and give us another try as we are sure you will enjoy the improvements we are making.
Karen Lambert, GM

Been to Cabot Lodge Tallahassee? Share your experiences!