I had a room booked for me by the staff of the eye doctor that I was seeing for surgery. The staff quoted a rate that was lower than the online rate. I figured this was Cabot Lodge policy because I have stayed at one in Gainesville that does a medical rate. Before travelling to Tallahassee, I called the day before to confirm my reservation and rate. The lobby was huge and very inviting, with lots of comfy furniture to lounge in. When I found our room had two beds instead of a king, the staff was quick to change me to another room. This was not their fault because I don't know what kind of room was requested for me, and I didn't check on that beforehand. Our king suite had a nice sofa, huge flat screen TV, and a work area. All was clean and as expected. The only problem came early the next morning when I checked the bill that had been slid under my door. It was $6 higher than the price that had been quoted to me by my eye doctor and the hotel when I had called. I know that isn't a lot, but I didn't think it was right for the amount to change. I went down and talked to the desk, but the rep there wasn't able to do anything about it until the manager came in later. He saw that the rate had been changed by the manager the morning before we checked in. How can someone just go into the system and start changing rates after they have quoted and booked? I couldn't stick around, but my husband stayed at the hotel to get some work done during my surgery. When he checked with the manager, she said we had been quoted the wrong rate. They did honor the quoted rate at this point, but I am still miffed she would go into the system and change a rate after it had been quoted. If my husband had wanted to check out before the manager arrived, we would have been stuck paying the additional amount. It was only $6.00 plus taxes, but who's to say they wouldn't have done it for a larger amount? I also noted on the bill that it said to "Rate us at Tripadvisor.com". So Comfort Lodge, was it really worth trying to collect that $6.00 after the price was "misquoted"?
- Also Known As:
- Cabot Lodge Tallahassee Hotel Tallahassee
- Cabot Lodge Tallahassee Hotel
- Cabot Hotel Tallahassee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check into our fresh, clean rooms.A feast of fresh and inviting amenities awaits you each morning with a delicious complimentary breakfast. Enjoy everything from waffles, sausage, eggs, and biscuits, to hot & cold cereals, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, and, of course, gourmet coffee, tea and juice. You can also check your morning e-mail with complimentary Wi-Fi and the day's headlines in your free morning papers.Cabot Lodge is also a surprising value, with rates lower than comparable accommodations.Cabot Lodge...Where Hospitality Comes Naturally~ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Cabot Lodge Tallahassee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.