“great room for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
San Antonio
“great room for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stopped here overnight on our return home from Key West last week. The hotel is older so don't expect a Marriott. The room was clean with a clean bathroom and sink outside in the room like many budget hotels. The front desk both when we checked in and checked out were friendly and efficient. The bed was comfortable and the WiFi worked well. They offered the usual cold breakfast. The hotel is located near IH10 making access very easy. Good hotel for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

1 night, not hellacious, breakfast is alright. Nothing here is neither great nor terrible. Just average, but pretty daggone cheap-rm 203...did I mention old?? Lol...on our way home to Tampa definitely not going to move in...the cheapness isnt enough to get me to come back. I think if we are in tallahassee again might try another. I agree with " You Get What You Pay For..."

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at this establishment several times over the past few years. Every stay has been everything I could expect from a hotel. The room is always very large and has a desk, chair and ottoman, refrigerator and microwave and a very comfortable bed. This room is always clean and all the appliances work well. The breakfast is one of the best of all the Choice Hotels I have stayed at. I am a business traveler and stay exclusively at Choice Hotels. The internet speed is very good which enables me to complete my reports which require uploading of several hundred photos. I would Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has a need to stay in Tallahassee. Thank you hotel staff and management for your exceptional treatment and your conscientious attitude of excellence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We arrived late, and the desk clerk was very nice.
We were given a fair rate and sent around the side of the building to our room. At first glance, the room seemed ok.... upon further inspection I noticed stains on the carpet and bedding... The sheets were clean, but the comforter was disgusting.
The vanity area of the bathroom isnt in the bathroom, but attached to it. The vanity looked new and the sink was clean, the bathroom itself however was not. The tub was peeling badly, and there was soap scum all along the edge of the wall where the tub meets the tile. The shower had good water pressure but the shower head was so low that I had to get on my knees to rinse my hair.
The continental breakfast was ok, not great by any means... just ok. There were hot items that looked like they had been sitting out way too long, but they did have fruit and cereal which is always a safe bet.
All in all it was an ok stay, but I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first, check the tub
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I don't understand the positive ratings for this hotel. Stopped here for the night on my way to Orlando. When I first got there it was late and the lobby was locked, apparently they lock it due to security reasons and the staff (who was very nice) will only talk to you through what looks like a bank teller window. This did not instill a sense of safety in where we were for me and made me worry about the surroundings, although the area looked nice. When I opened the door to the room the very first thing I saw was a COCKROACH climb out from under the microwave and down the refrigerator. Luckily I was quick enough to kill it, but that was disgusting. Once I walked in to the room I noticed multiple stains on the carpet and chair in the room, I would not walk on these floors with my bare feet. I poured over my sheets which seemed to be clean, at least enough for me to sleep on for one night. The only pluses of this hotel was that the shower worked well, it was lcated right off of the highway (I-10) and the staff were nice/helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sun City Center, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Goodservice/food/room/bulbs out/shower broke/reported.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were greeted by a chilly receptionist, we couldn't get a smile from her, so we asked to see the room before we took it. It seemed OK so she took the payment still without a smile. The room however was perfect - very comfortable bed and pillows, fresh-smelling linen and very clean altogether. the pool seemed nice, although we didn't have time to use it.
The next morning when we went for breakfast, a different receptionist greeted us with a big friendly smile.The breakfast too was more than adequate - eggs, meat patties, etc .A great value stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!