“Good deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Mobile, Alabama
“Good deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I considered the price to be reasonable considering its a franchise. People were nice, and room was clean. There are so many hotels to choose from in that area, so don't be afraid to try it out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed at this property on April 25, 2012. I had never stayed at a MicroTel and trankly I was a little concerned. The room was very clean,the bed was very comfortable and the flat panel TV was great. The AC worked great and I had no external noice to bother my rest. The free breakfast wasn't anything to write home about, infact I ate at the Waffle House next door, but for the price I paid, I was really happy here and would go back the next time I am in Tally.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite room - the extra room is worth the extra price.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Orange Park, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I recently had to stay over 2 weeks in Tallahassee for the birth of my grandson. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous. I had a problem with the AC one evening, and I mentioned it to the maintenance man the next morning. It was fixed immediately, and nearly blasted me out of the room, which was great! The breakfast is nice, love the waffles. It is an older property, so expect some chips in the bathroom sink, But everything was clean and neat. Really very good for the price.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room, which face the wooded area on the back of the property. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I booked a room online for this hotel. After I received the confirmation email, I realized that I had entered the wrong dates. I immediately called the front desk to cancel. I was told by the front desk that it had been cancelled, everything was taken care of. One month later, my credit card was charged the entire amount. When calling to see why I was charged, I was told that it was not cancelled, was not given a refund even though I never stayed at this hotel. You can bet I will never stay here for sure now. BEWARE of the foreigners running the place. They are out to make money off you even if you cancel and don't stay there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Payson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband and I are driving cross-country to move from South Florida to central Arizona with our dog and needed a pet-friendly place to stay after a long days' drive. The only positive things that I can say about this hotel are that it's very reasonably priced, the TV worked, it's easy to find, there's bright lighting in the back for dog walking at night, and the small banana-nut muffin was pretty good. This hotel is in dire need of a total renovation. We had a room on the third floor and the carpeting from the elevator down the hall is torn, worn down at each doorway and looks filthy. The sink in the bathroom had what looked like cuts and everywhere in the room and bath there were stains and marks. The spreads on the two queen beds didn't look like they had been washed in ages -- if ever. The towels were super thin and the lighting was horrendous, although there was enough light for two people to read. We didn't stay for the continental breakfast,as the lobby was small and uninviting. Although it calls itself pet-friendly, there wasn't much grass for our dog to walk on, and the only place that I could find to "deposit" a sealed bag of dog poop was in the trash can just outside the lobby. There were some other "guests" at the motel that were pretty unsavory, and when my husband checked in and out, the clerk didn't really show any interest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We were wary since it was our 1st stay in the area and so we booked only 1 night. We were very pleasantly surprised by the nice, clean rooms, friendly staff, and good location right off I-10. I would return to this place next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Suites are nice and spacious!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tallahassee? Share your experiences!