“Ok for the money if you have pets. Otherwise, stay elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 Hospitality Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303-3637   |
Ranked #24 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
Tampa
“Ok for the money if you have pets. Otherwise, stay elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I moved my son into FSU and stayed overnight. I had my dog with me, and pets stay for free so it was a functional option. The room was clean, the bathroom was ok, but there were a few Unpopped popcorn kernels on the bathroom floor. The soap dish in the shower had a bunch of black hair on it. Some mold in the shower....The towels are rough... But for $45 a night, I got a comfortable bed and a place for the dog. I wouLd only stay there again if I had to take my pet.otherwise, I wouldn't bother. FYI- the room didnt smell like animals, so that was a good thing. Also, it was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Poinciana, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at this unit on 8/16 for an overnite stay. Check in was great. Clarence had everything ready Room was very large, beds were great. Only complaint that I have is that it is hard to find. Address is listed on Hospitality drive, but it was not on GPS. This unit is right as you get off I-10 and on Monroe st. You need to make a right turn and then another right turn. No signage for the hotel on the first street you turn on. It is behind the Cracker Barrel rest. so if you see their sign you can find the Red Roof Inn.
The price was right. It was half the price at the comfort suites where the rest of the members stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My stay at this red roof inn was horrible. The cards to the doors didn't work, our beds were poorly made, and they ran out of rags and towels. The only good thing was the mad at the front desk name Clarence he was very nice to us and helped us whenever it was needed. He was very professional and respectable. I only wanted to talk to him and no one else at the desk. Everyone acted like they were too busy for you, but Clarence made time for you.

Room Tip: Get the superior room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I arrived very late for check in. Check in was fast and the staff was helpful and wonderful. It was by the far the best stay I have had a red roof inn. The room was the cleanest hotel room I have stayed in. I was only there for one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The front desk lady was nice, helpful and very expedient. The room is spacious but somewhat old. It seems that they have upgraded the decor somewhat. Great value for the money. If in need of a cost effective room I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'm a hard working college transfer student who was in need of a place to stay for a week. I had to transfer my job a week before I moved into my apartment, so finding a great place to stay was a must. During my hotel search, I came across the red roof inn. The room looked nice on the internet, so I decided to give red roof a try. I called to make my reservation and it went smoothly. Clarence was very helpful in booking my room, and providing all the right accommodations. He made my transitioning period very easy. The room and bathroom was a nice size, the price was great, and their was no signs of insects. This hotel is really A-1!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Tallahassee? Share your experiences!