“The Right Place for Me but Maybe Noy for You.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2930 Hospitality Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303-3637   |
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Roswell
“The Right Place for Me but Maybe Noy for You.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stay here twice a year and am pleased with the room I had. It was clean, quiet and smoke free. The staff was welcoming and accomadating, but the lobby smelled of tobacco residue. The property was pretty well maintained and I notice some updates from visit to visit.
The clientelle can a little dicey but not dangerous, and if I was an unaccompanied woman I would probably feel uncomfortable.
For the price it's not a bad place.

Room Tip: Book well in advance if there is an event in town. The best way to Monroe Ave. is through the parkin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Silverfxr,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am happy to hear you have been pleased with your stays so far. In reference to clientel please know that if you ever have an issue or are concerned you may dial the front desk at anytime with "0" and we will be happy to take care of it or involve local law enforcement if neccessary at any point. We stand diligent in maintaining a quiet and safe place for our guests at all times. We appreciate your time and business and look forward to seeing you again soon! We wish you safe travels!

Lori Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This Red Roof Inn might not have been updated yet, but the rooms are clean, well maintained with new TV's.
What sets this location apart from others is the superior, friendly and caring customer service I experienced by Clarence. With over 140 hotel stays annually I can tell you Clarence is a real gem. He isn't just going through the motions, he cares about every phase of your stay. He goes out of his way to see that you comfortable and have everything you need. Clarence is in my TOP 10 of all time for customer service!

My recommendation; drive by the high end locations and experience Clarence!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Jeffrey G.,

WOW! What outstanding compliments for our Clarence! He will be so thrilled you have recognized his extraodinary efforts out of the many nights you travel throughout the year and the many people you must encounter. That is such an outstanding thing to hear about one of our employees and I couldn't be more proud of him. He truly is our "gem" as you put it. I will be sure to pass this along to him as well as the rest of our team.

I also wish to thank you for recognizing the hard work our housekeeping and maintenance GSRs do by delivering a clean and well maintained room. We appreciate your time and business and look forward to seeing you when you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Coming to Tallahassee....stop in the Red Roof Inn and see Clarence! Always a smile, up-beat personality and wanting to make your stay the best you can have! I come back each time I'm working in Tallahassee!

Room Tip: The superior rooms are great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sharpnr,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am so glad to hear Clarence has made such a positive impression on you that you return to our inn each time you're in the area! That all by itself is such a great compliment to his efforts to "wow" a guest and create a positive connection and experience for each guest during their stay! I will be sure to pass your comments along to him as well as the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you safe travels!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Clarence is the man! Good service and sense of humor.I think he deserves a raise! I will come here for again! Check-in was smooth. He told me many things that were helpful. The rooms are nice, tv is superior, and they even have room service!

• Stayed April 2013
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear eagerbeaver2222,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! I am elated to hear you were so impressed with Clarence and will return due to his great impression on you; I will be sure to pass this along to him as well as the rest of our team. Clarence is a great asset to the property and always delivers exceptional service and personal care to his guests!
Thank you for noticing the "superior" TVs! We are proud to offer our new flatscreen Panasonic TVs in all of our guest rooms. These also have the convenience of all the adapters for our guests to play their gaming systems as well as many other devices. We thank you for your kind comments, appreciate your business, and wish you safe travels!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Clarence was an awesome host and a joy to visit with.
The best check in I've ever experienced! If u don't require bells and whistles and need a good nights rest Red roof is your place.............!!!!!!!!.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Goastryder,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased to hear that with Clarence you have the "best check in experience ever"! I will be sure to pass this along to him as well as the rest of the team! We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you safe travels!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Every time I am in Tallahassee I stay at this hotel. The rooms are updated, the rooms are very clean, and the beds are comfortable. This trip they seemed to be doing some spring cleaning in the rooms (beds were up, furniture outside, etc) which could be the reason the rooms always seem so clean. The service is usually great & the location is convenient. This visit I noticed people hanging in the parking lot & some suspicious activity. When I checked out I expressed my concerns to the Manager, Lori Brown. Ms. Brown was very apologetic & even removed the charges from my card for the room. I was very surprised & pleased with her response. She explained that she will insure that my concerns will be addressed. I will continue to stay here when I visit & highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Russ R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It was a pleasure speaking with you during check out! I am very glad you reported the security concerns and encourage everyone to do this so that we may address any issues whether the it may be security, quality, or customer service issues. We want each of our guests to feel safe, secure, welcomed, and satisfied during every stay! If there is something that prevents this we want to know right away so we can resolve your concerns. We were doing some steam cleaning to our carpets and a/c units during your stay; thank you so much for noticing! We look forward to seeing you again soon when you are in the area and wish you safe travels!

Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stay over in Tallahassee several days a week because I'm transitioning into a move out of town. This hotel is not bad overall, and while I was there, they serviced the AC units in all rooms and had the carpets professionally cleaned. So they are slightly refreshed, but the linens and things could use some refreshing. The entire front desk staff is very friendly and I have to say that Clarence at the front desk is awesome! I'm not the type of person to ask for much, but he has always taken care of anything I needed with a smile. The rooms are slightly small, but for just an overnight, it's worth the price!

Room Tip: Go for the Superior rooms, they are not much more!
Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
RRI120, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear BrianB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased to hear you find the staff to be friendly and Clarence in particular to be "awesome"! I will be sure to pass along your comments to him as well as the rest of the team. I am also happy to hear you find a great value during your stays! We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you safe travels!

Lori Brown

Been to Red Roof Inn Tallahassee? Share your experiences!