“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am here on business and have been staying at the Homewood Suites for about a month now and have only good things to say about my stay. When you first walk in the door all smiles from the staff with a wonderful welcome that you can truly tell it’s genuine and they are happy to be at their job. Employees treat each other wonderfully which sometimes at other hotels I’ve been to I’ve encountered employees being rude to one another. The food here is exceptional sometimes too good that I don’t even want to cook and I enjoy cooking. Another great thing is the free beer and wine during the week, I enjoy a drink in the evening and with it being free makes me enjoy that much more. The housekeeping is fantastic! I like to have my room done at a certain time and they are always on time doing a wonderful job. I travel with a dog and they treat him so well that sometimes I am worried he might want to leave home with them. I really do enjoy the Homewood suites and recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: I enjoy the fifth floor because it seems to be much quieter than being on the first near the pool bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites! We truly enjoy having you and Pop Eye staying with us. The staff and I take pride in customer service and want everyone to feel at home. Don't forget to stop by the front desk and get treats for Pop Eye.

Regards,
Ashley Schneider-General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this hotel, and it really does feel like home. The hotel's location is excellent for FSU and near to all of the dining spots on Appalachee or Capital. With Governor Square Mall right across the street, and plenty of other shopping options, this is the perfect spot. Safe area with plenty of well lit parking. The hotel itself has an informed staff that greets you with the "welcome home" phrase. Thanks to Ben and Taylor who were very professional even with their manager being off for the weekend. That speaks volumes for the competence of this staff.

All areas were maintained clean and even though it was a busy weekend with several sporting events in the Tally area, the hotel staff kept the place clean and breakfast was varied and delicious. They use real silverware, plates and glasses. No paper plates like other sites.

I appreciate the water bottles in the room and the clean linens. The new HD TVs make relaxing an ease. Pets are allowed and housekeeping does their job, because you would never know pets are allowed for the rooms look and smell clean. Just keep in mind, if you are staying more than one night and you place the do not disturb on your door, you need to let housekeeping know you stlll want them to freshen up; otherwise, no one will truly disturb you and you come back to dirty towels.

I appreciate the care and work of this site and look forward to my next visit with them in Tally.

Room Tip: Seems like the higher floors get more guests. Choose the 4th or 3rd floor for quieter hallways.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites! We truly appreciate the kind words. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and the employee's you referenced will receive a gift card for their hard work. We look forward to your next visit at your home away from home. I do ask that you call me at 850-402-9400 ext 2002, so I know exactly which Ben you are referring to, as we have two Ben's. Thank you

New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a pleasure staying here great rooms and the help was wonderful. Tangela serving breakfast was so very nice and went out of her way to please, Brittaney at the front desk was very nice and gave me the help I needed. Have stayed there before it is always a pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice no noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee Central. The comments have been posted where all the employees are able to read. We really appreciate the kind words and look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home. If you need and future reservations please contact me at 850-402-9400 ext 2002
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was here on official business and tried to do an early check in. Front Desk staff was unresponsive and informed me to return at the correct check in time. After returning, they gave me a smoking room, even though I asked for a non smoking. They claimed that the hotel was full. On a Tuesday, with no events going on , okay fine. Nothing fancy here. Rooms a bit dated. Wont stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor service you were welcomed with at check-in. It is not typical for our staff to be anything less than friendly or helpful and I can assure you this is being addressed. I'm also very sorry we could not honor your room requests. We work really hard to ensure that all guests get the exact room they booked but sometimes cannot due to extenuating circumstances. Tuesday and Wednesday's have the highest demand in Tallahassee and I can assure you we were sold out that evening. We appreciate your feedback and value your business, and hope that you will reconsider giving us another chance for a better stay. We stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee, so please call me and I will honor the 100% guarantee. I can be reached at (850)402-9400 ext 2002.

Kind regards,

Port Orange, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Not up to normal Homewood standards. Seems old and dated. Hotel is clean and bedding is comfortable. Set back off the road and convenient to FSU and Governors Mall. Plenty of places to eat in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards, Ashley Schneider-General Manager
Ormond, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I sent a review in a couple of days ago reflecting that this was an excellent hotel but that MSNBC was not available. The hotel changed its channel lineup and MSNBC is available now inb HD --- I was not aware of this and wanted to correct the error>

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Tallahassee. Also, thank you for the correction response. We did just upgrade to HD and all the channels had been changed. The new channel guide was not in your room because they were on order. Thank you for the great comments and we look forward to your next visit at your home away from home.

Regards, Ashley Schneider
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The room accommodations and hotel amenities are good for the price range, but what really sets this hotel apart is the staff. I stay in a wide range of hotels for business, and I must say the outgoing, generous, and personable nature of this hotel staff could rival any 5 star hotel. From the manager to the cleaning staff, all are welcoming, engaging, and accommodating. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Tallahassee. We are glad you enjoyed your stay us. I have shared your comments with my entire staff. Please come visit us next time you are in Tallahassee and visit your home away home.

Regards, Ashley Schneider

Been to Homewood Suites Tallahassee? Share your experiences!