“Entirely adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #37 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mussoorie, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have traveled enough to know how to feel about the different brands of hotels and have certain expectations when I visit a particular brand.

In my hotel coupon guide I was using on this trip (which are printed every few months so they are easily updated) it stated there was a spa, and a pool. When I asked if they were working I was assured they were. Previously when I have been out on the road I have asked if they have a pool (if traveling with my daughter) or a spa (if traveling alone). They reply they do, but fail to mention its" not working" or "it isn't filled," or was "just filled and has a temperature is about 40 degrees." So I make sure I ask if these amenities are actually function and able to be used.

Arriving around 10pm after a very long drive from Dallas to Tallahassee I was ready just to get to my room and would check out the spa (i was traveling alone) n the morning. So I headed off to my room to shower and enjoy some quality Internet time.

First, I showered and settled in and opened up my laptop to crawling, painfully slow, useless Internet. I check settings, re-boot, turn the signal on and off, and it just can't load a page.

A quick call to the front desk, and as soon as I said internet the lady at the front desk finished the sentence "is slow." I finished with "painfully slow." To her credit I was promptly moved, but the hassle to repack, and get down to the new, identical room, when all you want to do it be horizontal is something most people reading this understand. It seems to me, as this isn't the first time its ever happened but I may have to just check Internet speed before I do anything else. To minimize the moving pain. If I hadn't been unpakced some, showered and comfortable it wouldn't have been as annoying.

It's terribly frustrating when its a known issue and ignored. The front desk knew the problem before I had the whole sentence out. My issue is because that this is Fairfield Inn by Marriott, not any other number of brands I would shrug and say you get what you pay for, more or less. This is adding a few more routers and cabling. Far from a capital investment but one that would have numerous benefits for a wide array of travelers.

In the morning after an agreeable and decent breakfast, I was going to hit the spa. There wasn't one. While it was on their ad, and I asked about it but (sadly many people also don't differentiate between a pool and a spa) it did not exist. There was a gentleman in a wheelchair that was also asking about the nonexistent spa.

This too put a ding on how I was feeling about my stay. I don't know why they don't have a spa any more. I didn't ask and it didn't matter. There wasn't going to be one in the next hour, so I packed up and hit the road instead of soaking in some bubbly heaven.

These ads are reprinted ever few months, and I did gather it had been "a bit of time" since the spa was covered or dismantled. This makes me feel like Fairfield, Tallahassee dropped the ball on me here too.

So it was not something I expect from this brand when I travel. I just expected more from my experience at other Fairfields.

On the plus, it was clean, they were courteous, the breakfast was fine, but the frustrations were too large to over look as it really impacted my short stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that actually gets their wi-fi signal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cynette S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
First. I would l like to thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn-Tallahassee. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Secondly. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that occured during your stay at the Tallahassee Fairfield Inn.
We pride ourselves with giving our guests a aclean,fresh room so I can empathize with you about your mishsap because a good night's sleep in a clean. fresh room is much needed especially when you are traveling. I can assure you that the issue has been addressed and have taken care of everything.

Chervon Screen

GSM Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped after traveling all day through heavy rain. It was easy access on and off I10. Staff was great and check in was a breeze. Rooms clean and quite. Lots if eating places within short drive. Next morning we found Walmart right next door.

• Stayed July 2013
Cynette S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Good Morning,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us.
Please call on us whenever we can be of further assistance.

Again, thank you.

Chervon Screen GSM
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were traveling a long distance without prior reservations. We stopped at this Fairfield Inn located off I-10 in Tallahassee. The check in was pleasant as was the desk clerk. The room was quiet and clean. Everything in the room worked well. Breakfast was included and was better that what is typical of included breakfasts: waffles, name brand cereals, good selection of yogurts, juices, etc. This was nothing fancy, but really did the job for two road weary travelers.
I would recommend this place to anybody looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your coming, it was a pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again.
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here one night while traveling between Texas and Disney World. It was nice, and clean. I don't really have any complaints.

The staff was average. Not overly friendly or grumpy. The room was decent. It didn't smell or have stains. It was just a room with two double beds and a decent shower.

The breakfast in the morning was okay... about average for what you would expect from a Fairfield with a complimentary breakfast. The breakfast staff wasn't friendly... but they kept things cleaned up.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but only if you expect average and need a place to bed down for the night. I would stay here again... maybe see if I can get a discount next time... but it may not be my first choice if there is somewhere less expensive for the same average experience or better.

Not much enthusiasm here... but... I didn't book this place for the experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my sincere thank you for your comment. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us. Please do not hesitate to call us if we can be of any service.
new orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

my daughter and i were headed to south florida and needed a break from driving. the hotel was easy to find, clean, comfortable, staff was great. we got the room for $20 less than the ad price - nice surprise. the pool was nice, fitness room was just a treadmill and elliptical and kind of small, but that wasn't our priority.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott.We look forward to seeing you and your daughter again. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My sister and I spent one night at this hotel and totally enjoyed the stay. Cynette Shannon, their general manager, was absolutely terrific. She recommended a restaurant and provided directions. She spent extra time finding us rooms next door to each other and from the very moment we walked in she made us feel welcome and at home.
The rooms are nicely appointed with comfortable beds. Very nice motel; I would stay there again. Thanks to Cynette for making our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: top floor is quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10? Share your experiences!