“Very nice economy minded hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice economy minded hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were traveling a long distance without prior reservations. We stopped at this Fairfield Inn located off I-10 in Tallahassee. The check in was pleasant as was the desk clerk. The room was quiet and clean. Everything in the room worked well. Breakfast was included and was better that what is typical of included breakfasts: waffles, name brand cereals, good selection of yogurts, juices, etc. This was nothing fancy, but really did the job for two road weary travelers.
I would recommend this place to anybody looking for an inexpensive place to spend the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your coming, it was a pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here one night while traveling between Texas and Disney World. It was nice, and clean. I don't really have any complaints.

The staff was average. Not overly friendly or grumpy. The room was decent. It didn't smell or have stains. It was just a room with two double beds and a decent shower.

The breakfast in the morning was okay... about average for what you would expect from a Fairfield with a complimentary breakfast. The breakfast staff wasn't friendly... but they kept things cleaned up.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but only if you expect average and need a place to bed down for the night. I would stay here again... maybe see if I can get a discount next time... but it may not be my first choice if there is somewhere less expensive for the same average experience or better.

Not much enthusiasm here... but... I didn't book this place for the experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my sincere thank you for your comment. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us. Please do not hesitate to call us if we can be of any service.
new orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

my daughter and i were headed to south florida and needed a break from driving. the hotel was easy to find, clean, comfortable, staff was great. we got the room for $20 less than the ad price - nice surprise. the pool was nice, fitness room was just a treadmill and elliptical and kind of small, but that wasn't our priority.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott.We look forward to seeing you and your daughter again. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My sister and I spent one night at this hotel and totally enjoyed the stay. Cynette Shannon, their general manager, was absolutely terrific. She recommended a restaurant and provided directions. She spent extra time finding us rooms next door to each other and from the very moment we walked in she made us feel welcome and at home.
The rooms are nicely appointed with comfortable beds. Very nice motel; I would stay there again. Thanks to Cynette for making our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: top floor is quiet
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a nice Fairfield Inn. Nothing special, but just what one expects from this chain. Considering it was Florida, the cost was reasonable ($80 + tax). The breakfast offerings were more limited than most of the Fairfields we have stayed in, around the USA. The hotel is convenient for the interstate, but a ways from everything else, including downtown Tallahassee. There is a mall with a movie complex nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were attending a gymnastic event in Bainbridge, GA, a small town which did not have a large selection of lodging. This hotel is only about 30+ miles from Bainbridge,so we decided to stay here and drive to the event. This Fairfield is easy to find on North Monroe just off exit 199 of I-10.

Jason checked us in with a friendly, courteous disposition and answered our questions about dining nearby. I also asked if there was a refrigerator in the room and he said no. I asked for a room with one and he politely gave us a room on the third floor. Unfortunately, when we entered the room, there was no refrigerator. A call to Jason was made and he asked for 5 minutes and gave us another room. The new room was fantastic. I will not go into detail because the Fairfield properties are somewhat similar. Suffice it to say that we were very pleased with the accommodation. Jason, you are the man!

A great night's sleep and a good breakfast both days we stayed here. The breakfast area staff was always present and kept the tables clean and the food line filled. Even though the elevator died on our departure day, we could not blame Marriott for the cause. If you want a clean, very nice Fairfield property when you are in the Tallahassee area, look no further.

Room Tip: They are all pretty good. Top floor is somewhat quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Pierce
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were on our way back from New Orleans after staying at an inferior hotel which shall go nameless. It was like a breath of fresh air to walk into the lobby and greeted by Rochelle who was so nice and accommodating. Everything about this hotel was top notch. Room was clean, beds comfortable and the linens fresh. Breakfast was great and so was the coffee which they had brewing most of the day. It was just what I needed after driving for many hours upon our arrival. Just wish we could have spent more time there using their indoor pool. Convenient location right off of I-10.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10? Share your experiences!