“NICE PLACE--HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Maitland, FL
“NICE PLACE--HIGHLY RECOMMENDED”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just needed a hotel for the evening, picking our child up from Summer camp. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

COMFORTABLE BED ! The staff went out of their way to give us directions to FSU and restaurant recommendations. ( and Tallahasse has an ABUNDANCE of restuants )

It is rare that I am disappointed with Marriott and this hotel kept up with the Marriott image and brand.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cynette S, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your comment and your loyalty to Marriott. I am pleased to hear that we did our job in taking care of you and your family while staying with us. I will be sharing your comment with the staff and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while traveling on business to Tallahassee. This hotel is very conveniently located at Exit 199 off I-10.

The exterior is typical of older Fairfield Inn properties. Parking is ample and fairly well-lit. Taco Bell is located right in the parking lot basically and Walmart is behind the hotel.

The interior of the hotel is really dated. The colors in the lobby are tired and the furniture is old. The guest rooms are comfortable but really in need of updating. I would also say that the toiletries are not good. There was no conditioner or lotion in my room. The room felt a little dirty and didn't smell fresh.

I used the whirlpool one night and found it to be nice. The whole indoor pool area was clean and enjoyable. The fitness center was small but contained nice equipment.

Overall this property is a decent value and is conveniently located. However, the newer Fairfield Inn on Appalachee Pkwy is a nicer, newer choice based on my stay at that property a well.

• Stayed September 2012
Beaufort South Carolin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We chose this Fairfield Inn strictly because of its location, and it was a great choice. The front desk staff was excellent ... especially Lucy, who went out of her way to ensure that we had what we needed. Since we're Marriott Silver Elite members, we were upgraded to a suite, which was most appreciated since we had family stopping in for meetings. The bathroom was standard, but spotlessly clean. And the bed was the usual Marriott high quality ... incredibly comfortable, with 5 pillows. The suite featured a separate living area with sofa, chair, flatscreen TV, fridge, microwave and tables. And the sleeping area had a king bed, sufficient drawer space and another flatscreen TV. To be fussy, I'd say that since the heating/AC is one of the under-window types and right next to the bed, it got a little chilly on that side of the bed. But it was workable.
The pool was clean and not crowded. The free breakfast was constantly being restocked and refreshed, and I loved the mini Granny Smith apples ... just the right size :)
We plan to stay here again on our next trip to Tallahassee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed here for only one night getting my so settled into his dorm.

Rooms were new and most importantly clean. Nice flat screen HD tv, bed was comfortable. Overall a nice stay, I would stay here again. Great value

• Stayed August 2012
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spend the night at the hotel on our trip to New Orleans. The hotel is new, comfortable, with friendly service and good breakfast. Well located, you need not enter the city, facilitating the trip. Only I did not understand why the pool was not available to guests (the heat was stifling during the month of July). However, nothing prevents classify the hotel as an establishment that deserves your attention when passing through Tallahassee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St. George Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The second stay for us at this conveniently located hotel in north Tallahassee. Rooms are large and very clean and have the white toppers rather than ugly bedspreads. Breakfast staff was friendly and attentive and offered a little of everything although we are not big breakfast eaters and just had fruit. Being able to access Walmart from the parking lot was a plus since we needed to do some shopping there. Our only negative comment was that we would have enjoyed a heavier topper on the bed since we sleep better with lots of cover!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Marathon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our experience at the hotel was great. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Just as a note of caution, Julies is probably not the best place to recommend. Meatloaf was two awful meatballs!!!!!

Room Tip: not near an elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cynette S, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on Trip Advisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Next time you are in town may I recommend you trying out the Wharf Express, it is a locally owned seafood restaurant that everyone loves! If your not in the mood for seafood, let me recommend an excellent locally owned steak house by the name of Marie Livingston. I cannot wait to share your kind words with my staff. Thank you again for the feedback! Cynette Shannon General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North / I-10? Share your experiences!