“Customer Service Is Key!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Customer Service Is Key!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am literally just now checking out of this hotel and couldn't wait to write a review. I'm gonna start with the Con(s)first: rooms don't come equipped with a refrigerator or a microwave. Room had a stale smell when we walked in but as the AC ran it dissipated.
Now on to the Pro(s): The hotel grounds are well kept up. The rooms are nice. But by far the best thing about this hotel are it's employees! They give you the best guest service experience. Their staff recommendations on sites to see and restaurants were phenomenal! True Southern Hospitality! The hotel is located downtown and most sites were in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and thrilled that our staff was able to assist in creating a great stay. We hope to see you again soon. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend visiting our daughter at FSU. The main reason for choosing this hotel was because of the location being so close to the campus. It proved to be a good choice. The rooms are very comfortable - not to mention the beds!!! All basic amenities are included, safe, coffee maker and nice flat screen TV. The property is well maintained, quiet and staff helpful and hospitable. The breakfast buffet was nice and extremely affordable compared to other hotels in the area. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Florida Capital Chapter of the Society for Government Meeting Planners met at this property for our annual awards banquet, experienced outstanding service and food. The banquet manager oversaw the work of competent professionals who did everything from assisting with a Power Point program, making a sign for a cash bar and creating a lovely dining environment. The chicken was a delicious Hungarian Paprika, tender and delicious like I had eaten in Hungary. In fact, the paprika did come from Hungary. The vegetables were perfectly cooked and the service perfectly executed. Our next meeting will be held there as well. We are exploring the possibility of making this the site of our annual Honors & Awards meeting next year and beyond. Worth your stay and time - try them, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Melrose, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I come to Tallahassee every month for work. This time my wife and children came along. The hotel staff was very friendly and let us check in early (Andrew and Danielle-they're great). The rooms are acceptable for size, and there was less noise than I experienced up the hill at the Aloft (they're both Starwood Hotels). The 4 Points has more floors and it just seemed quieter. Either one is better than the Duval, but I think the 4 Points is the winner. They offer a cart that will take you to restaurants nearby and driver Casey was fantastic. He was young, respectful and restored my faith in young adults. The pool is for real. My kids loved it, and the 4 Points has a hot tub (I don't think the Aloft has one).The Aloft pool is smaller, more decorative. The 4 Points is reasonably safe, but I wouldn't wander to the north (Frenchtown) at night. I would jog on campus at FSU which is beautiful (saying a lot since I'm a Gator) or use their exercise room. The bar staff was great, and our housekeeping person really went out of her way to help my wife/children. Her name was Tabitha, and she was so helpful, that my wife convinced me to use 4 Points as my monthly destination.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Had to go here for work. Staff for downstairs conference were excellent and caring. Front staff were young and exciting to interact with. They were probably college students since FSU is right there but they knew where everything was in town, the good and bad. My God, the food from the resturant was EXCELLENT!!! A lot of pride and care goes into the hotel with a great location. My favorite part was the nightly borrowing of the bikes they had right outside the door!

Room Tip: ice machine out side of my door, I loved it but if I had toddlers they'd be up everytime they he...
Green Features: co-workers did get money back after not getting towels washed?!?!?
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear jamienotsogross,

Thank you for your excellent review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us - we loved having you! We hope that you will visit us again during your next trip to Tallahassee. Take care.
Cocoa Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

You'd have a hard time finding a hotel with a better location for FSU campus. The hotel is clean, we'll maintained and I cannot say enough about the staff. Attentive and professional. Everyone we encountered during our stay was very pleasant. Good job to management for training them to be vested and care about the guests. Granted, the rooms are small. But the views of campus and surrounding are are quite nice. We read to ask for a campus view. We did and that did work. Didn't discover that you can access the parking area through the lower level til the last day. We will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here for FSU orientation. Stopped by quickly to checkin, then left for sign in for orientation. Got back to the hotel around 9:30. The hotel had another event going on which made for difficult parking situation. Eventually, the hotel sent a few people to guide people to park in nonparking spots.

The hotel room was a tad small, but decorated nicely. I always have problems with hard, uncomfortable beds in hotels, but this bed was very comfortable.

Small picky stuff: They had supplied one plastic drinking cups wrapped in plastic bag. When I tried to unwrap it, there was wrapping from a discarded cup stuff inside my cup. I don't think the cleaning staff changes the cups. Because they are a "green" hotel, I did not get fresh towels in the two days I stayed here. The elevators are slow! The hotel is noisy. You hear people and staff in the hallways. You hear the street noise. I was startled awake several times each night. I feel it is slightly overpriced for what I got.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor. You could hear the street noise. Perhaps the higher floors would be better...
Green Features: The only environmentally-friendly practice I saw was the lack of new towels every day.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!