You added Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown to your Saves list
GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, FL
“fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here for FSU orientation. Stopped by quickly to checkin, then left for sign in for orientation. Got back to the hotel around 9:30. The hotel had another event going on which made for difficult parking situation. Eventually, the hotel sent a few people to guide people to park in nonparking spots.

The hotel room was a tad small, but decorated nicely. I always have problems with hard, uncomfortable beds in hotels, but this bed was very comfortable.

Small picky stuff: They had supplied one plastic drinking cups wrapped in plastic bag. When I tried to unwrap it, there was wrapping from a discarded cup stuff inside my cup. I don't think the cleaning staff changes the cups. Because they are a "green" hotel, I did not get fresh towels in the two days I stayed here. The elevators are slow! The hotel is noisy. You hear people and staff in the hallways. You hear the street noise. I was startled awake several times each night. I feel it is slightly overpriced for what I got.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor. You could hear the street noise. Perhaps the higher floors would be better...
Green Features: The only environmentally-friendly practice I saw was the lack of new towels every day.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Pet friendly ($25 fee) , smoke free, clean, comfortable, quiet, great restaurant, friendly and helpful staff. Everything I expect from Four Points Sheraton! Will stay again. Many of the Sheraton's have done away with the pet fee, this would be appreciated system wide. The Sheraton pillows and bedding are a favorite! Great location, too!

Stayed June 2014
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I travel to Tallahassee several times a year and thought I would try out the newly renovated Four Points by Sheraton. Got a great deal on a third party website so was excited for the visit. Upon arrival I was told that because of how I booked, I was basically in the crappiest room of the hotel (not a very welcoming arrival at all). I begged for a room with a tub and was given one once they called the desk manager out. The property and room itself was nicely decorated, bed comfortable but for some reason the TV is at an awkward angle and it was really hard to watch from bed.. the hotel is round so I am sure the structure doesn't help with the furniture placement.

Negatives: The location is near a Greyhound Bus stop and a homeless shelter so I didn't feel comfortable leaving the hotel after dark, I was approached for money one of the times on my way to my car. You can hear all of the traffic going by - noisy. The rooms have no sound barriers - I was in a room right outside of the elevator and heard every conversation that passed. I was awoken at 3 AM by my drunk neighbors and their party of friends and every time someone left or entered their room, the door SLAMMED very loudly.

Positives: The housekeeping and restaurant/bar staff were very friendly and the Restaurant had a great happy hour as well as half off the tapas menu one of the nights.

All in all, I think I will pass on this place when I travel to Tallahassee again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot might be quieter than street side. For the price, A LOFT is a much be...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The staff was amazing, pool was nice, the food down at the bar was good. Breakfast wad good,beds were amazing, everything was perfect! We would definitely stay here again! Great location too!
Even had nice views from our room of the sunset!

• Stayed May 2014
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and was able to experience some of our wonderful amenities like our pool, our restaurant, Juicy Blue, and our great convenient location. We definitely hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Newer property, clean rooms but not spacious, no microwave or fridge in the room.. Beds very comfortable. Wifi worked fine. Shower, hot water was fine. A/C worked The doors are "thin", you can hear people talking in the hallway, at times I could hear traffic and music from cars driving on the street in front of the hotel, but rooms were otherwise quiet and I didn't have any problems sleeping through the night. The bar on the first floor is nice area to hangout, has lots of seating and they make good coffee.
Parking is by permit and is plentiful in the lot behind the building, but you get only 1 free parking permit per room, it's $10 per additional parking permit. Also the parking lot seemed too dark at night (not enough lights in the parking area). It's an additional $15 to have a fridge and $5 to have a microwave brought to your room. Check in and check out was fast and friendly. Overall nice, comfortable place to stay if you need to be near FSU campus, but seems a bit pricey for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We booked a King size room on the way back on our way back on a roadtrip. During our booking we were prompted if we had any comments/requests so I put in that I would like a room up high, and quiet. The note was obviously not read or they didn’t give a damn – not only did the faucest drip (couldn’t hear that in the room though) but the aircon in the room was so noisy I had to get up during the night and turn it off. I am used to aircons but this one was unbelievably loud so after I had been awake for some time hoping my partner, who is a heavy sleeper, was asleep was not shocked when he went “What IS that?!”.

Also, what is the point of a comment/request field if it is obviously not read? A room up high… well we were given one on the fourth floor in a hotel with more than twenty floors.

The barman seemed good, but the younger “barmen” were more busy chatting in a corner rather than working.

We paid $125 with taxes which is okay and is a fair price, although I burst out laughing at the sign on the bathroom door stating the room could cost up to $754. I wouldn't pay more than $125.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate you choosing the Four Points for you recent accommodation needs and apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. You are absolutely right about the request field on the reservation and we should have been more careful about ensuring our staff is reading those. We will be sure to bring this up to our team so that it does not happen again.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I thought my bed was very comfortable and the view from my room was a nice bonus. After reading somewhere that it had been renovated I decided to give this Four Points a try. Sure enough, everything from the bathroom to the flat screen television were modern. The only annoying thing was parking. After checking in I was told to put a sheet of paper on my dashboard so that my vehicle wouldn't get towed. Not a big deal to me but you might want to park out front long enough to check in and then park. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business