“Good location but pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Good location but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Newer property, clean rooms but not spacious, no microwave or fridge in the room.. Beds very comfortable. Wifi worked fine. Shower, hot water was fine. A/C worked The doors are "thin", you can hear people talking in the hallway, at times I could hear traffic and music from cars driving on the street in front of the hotel, but rooms were otherwise quiet and I didn't have any problems sleeping through the night. The bar on the first floor is nice area to hangout, has lots of seating and they make good coffee.
Parking is by permit and is plentiful in the lot behind the building, but you get only 1 free parking permit per room, it's $10 per additional parking permit. Also the parking lot seemed too dark at night (not enough lights in the parking area). It's an additional $15 to have a fridge and $5 to have a microwave brought to your room. Check in and check out was fast and friendly. Overall nice, comfortable place to stay if you need to be near FSU campus, but seems a bit pricey for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We booked a King size room on the way back on our way back on a roadtrip. During our booking we were prompted if we had any comments/requests so I put in that I would like a room up high, and quiet. The note was obviously not read or they didn’t give a damn – not only did the faucest drip (couldn’t hear that in the room though) but the aircon in the room was so noisy I had to get up during the night and turn it off. I am used to aircons but this one was unbelievably loud so after I had been awake for some time hoping my partner, who is a heavy sleeper, was asleep was not shocked when he went “What IS that?!”.

Also, what is the point of a comment/request field if it is obviously not read? A room up high… well we were given one on the fourth floor in a hotel with more than twenty floors.

The barman seemed good, but the younger “barmen” were more busy chatting in a corner rather than working.

We paid $125 with taxes which is okay and is a fair price, although I burst out laughing at the sign on the bathroom door stating the room could cost up to $754. I wouldn't pay more than $125.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate you choosing the Four Points for you recent accommodation needs and apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. You are absolutely right about the request field on the reservation and we should have been more careful about ensuring our staff is reading those. We will be sure to bring this up to our team so that it does not happen again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I thought my bed was very comfortable and the view from my room was a nice bonus. After reading somewhere that it had been renovated I decided to give this Four Points a try. Sure enough, everything from the bathroom to the flat screen television were modern. The only annoying thing was parking. After checking in I was told to put a sheet of paper on my dashboard so that my vehicle wouldn't get towed. Not a big deal to me but you might want to park out front long enough to check in and then park. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nice room, clean, comfortable. All staff were polite and helfull and most courteous Nice bar area with great barman (Scott) Enjoyed the pool area.
The first stay included breakfast which was very good. The other mornings paid for breakfast and although the service was good the breakfast was not up to scratch.Over cooked and not hot. The eggs were just a dried smere in the container. I didnt complain as I was in a hurry so maybe things could have been made better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the car park,this hotel is circular and the main road can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This company charges almost four times there normal rate for game weekends. They are the worst in Tallahassee for this. The offer mandatory two night stays as well, both nights for the increased rate. They also offer an 8pm check in on games day, yes I said 8:00pm. At $500.00 a night I think I should be able to check in at noon if I need to. The security guard on duty is a must as directly behind the hotel is a very unsafe area. They had to remove a person during our last stay. The hotel is clean, the staff were friendly. The price makes it not worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Its great to hear you found our staff friendly and hotel clean. With regards to the hotel rate, although we can understand your concern with the rates, they are in fact in line with other hotels in our market, specifically for weekends where there are football games taking place. As you can imagine, these weekends are in very high demand and we are doing our best to accommodate guests whom want to stay with us during these weekends. Along with superior guest service, our hotel offers a fantastic pool bar, free parking and a complimentary shuttle that takes guests to the stadium area. Now, with regards to the 8pm check-in, we also understand this is not ideal for some guests. However, it is only applicable for one specific Saturday in which a large group has contracted a later check out time. With that said, we need to ensure guest rooms are cleaned for new guests arriving that night. We completely understand your frustrations but I can assure you we are just trying our best to accommodate as many people as we can during these high demand weekends. We hope you understand our decisions and ask that you please contact us should you have any additional questions. Thank you again for your review. Regards, Bo Schmitz, General Manager.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel en route to the Panhandle. I was pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel was. Extremely comfortable beds and accommodating staff. The bar had happy hour 2 for 1 in the evenings and the room service breakfast was extremely affordable and delicious. The only complaint is the noise from the street if you're a light sleeper. Other then that great and affordable stay. Thanks Four Points!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your positive review Kristina. Its great to hear you found our beds comfortable and staff friendly. We're also happy you got to experience our happy hour at Juicy Blue and our delicious breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I worked with the Four Points Sheraton staff to secure accommodations for a person visiting Tallahassee, and also happens to be deaf. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They went so far as to acquire “hearing impaired” equipment for the guest. I, in turn was so grateful that Four Points was willing to provide this service to a disabled person and really promote independence here in the City of Tallahassee.

The hotel is beautiful facility and its right in the heart of downtown Tallahassee, exactly where I wanted my visitor to be. As I mentioned the staff was wonderful. I received only positive feedback regarding my guest’s accommodations.

I live in Tallahassee but for any of my friends and relatives, I wouldn’t recommend any other hotel. They were awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you very much for your review Amanda. First we'd like to thank you for choosing the Four Points for your guests' accommodations needs. Our staff is always here to ensure our guests have the best experience at our hotel and that all their needs are met. We are very happy your guest had a good experience with us. Thank you for the recommendations and for the positive review.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!