“Great view” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Chipley, Florida
“Great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a great hotel for families when visiting FSU. It is across the street from campus and the staff is friendly and helpful. It would be nice, however, for them to offer a discounted fee for parents of orientees.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a view of FSU and Doak Campbell stadium.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This was a really welcome stay for the last leg of a cross-country trek from CA.

Comfy bed, great food & drink across the lot, dog friendly, clean, and friendly faces.

We got a good price that included wifi and there was no extra charge to park. A solid spot!

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this weekend. I was expecting a "wow" experience based on it being a Sheraton. Overall the stay was nice, but nothing too impressive. I think we could have had the same experience at a cheaper hotel (which included breakfast.)

Reasons for this is 1. staff were not knowledgeable about restaurant prices or menu when we signed in. They had to get me a menu for all of my questions. 2. Elevator #1 was not working properly and Elevator #2 had chains clinking when going up or down which was kind of scary. 3. Bathroom had hair in the shower and toilet paper handle falling off the wall.

Otherwise the beds were very comfortable, and the pool was nice with nice lounge seating.

Overall I would stay here again for a cheaper price, but if there are no deals I would look elsewhere for a luxury stay.

Room Tip: I would ask to be on the top floors as I think the view would be more impressive.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We are disappointed to hear about the experiences you had at our hotel with the front desk, the elevator and the room. All of our elevators are working properly now and we'll discuss the other items with our teams immediately. Thanks again!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I reach SPG Platinum each year purely based on business travel, with that said, I am very familiar with most hotel chains for business travelers. After years of this type of travel, all hotels of this class began to seem very similar. The only thing that makes a hotel stand out among the rest is the staff, the personalized service. Remembering your name and all of your preferences. This level of service makes a hotel GREAT!

Quite honestly makes you willing to go out of your way to find such a hotel.

In Tallahassee I found such a place, Four Points by Sheraton, Downtown. The full service bar and restaurant, gym and pool are great amenities to have on the road, but the staff makes you feel at home. Their entire staff makes a sincere effort to exceed your expectations, from the Sales Manager to the Front Office Manager to the Service Staff.

Almost makes you look forward to work travel…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel decor was very modern and the facilities were great! Nice pool area! Great location! The bar area was very open and inviting. The restaurant was small, but the food was quite good. The staff was very accommodating! I would recommend this property!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel over memorial day weekend. I was in town for a wedding and but had a lot of free time in the day (since the festivities were at night) so I was hoping for a nice room to relax in.

Got to the hotel early (circa 1 pm) and was allowed early check in! Was also upgraded (was surprised to get both) to a very nice suite.

Now, Tallahassee isn't exactly a typical vacation goers destination, so there is no nearby beach, and most people I encountered were in town for an event or for something related for FSU. That being said, I was pleased to see that they had a nicely kept pool (with comfortable lounge chairs). They also had a small gym, which I didn't use but my husband did. It's not huge by any means, but has your basics and will get the job done if you're travelling and need to toss in a quick work out.

My room was very nice - it was so nice to have the extra space. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and there was plenty of natural light (all of which was easily blocked by a blackout curtain if you are so inclined). I would say that I wish the suite had more closet space. My suite only had an armoire and it was a bit of a struggle for my husband and I to share since he had 2 suits and i had several dresses with me. Other than that, I was very pleased with my room.

Finally, I wanted to point out the fantastic, helpful staff at the hotel who made sure I had a great, comfortable stay. They were all very kind, polite, and helpful when I had any questions.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Good - Hotel is very nice. Room looked great. Had a wonderful view. Staff very nice.
Bad - Hot water took forever and then not very hot.
One of the beds sheets had a stain. Not a big deal since they were clean, but we did not select to be "green" and the same sheets were there the next day.
1/2 and 1/2 for coffee was more like yogurt and curdled in coffee.
Lotion was not replaced.
I understand how the shampoo, conditioner and body cleanser dispensers are more enviromental and all, but are they cleaned after every guest? Think about what is touching them!
Saw several silverfish.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear EFAH,

Please accept our apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay here at Four Points Tallahassee. This was great feedback and is all very important to us, and we will be sure to pass everything on to the appropriate departments.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!