“Great choice for downtown!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great choice for downtown!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Well, historically I have only posted a review when I am upset with the service of the establishment but in this case my stay at this hotel was good enough to warrant a great review.

Being a FSU Alumni, I regularly head to Tallahassee for the football games and even finding a hotel can be a challenge. This year I booked my rooms early and was excited to learn that the old holiday inn was completely gutted and renovated and has become the new downtown Sheraton Four Points.

Now granted this is a Four Points not a Four Seasons I certainly got what I expected, a great value. The rooms were new and clean, the location was great, the breakfast was very good and inexpensive an the lobby bar was a perfect hangout while waiting on others to get ready.

Now what I remember most: The Beds were wonderful !!!! Parking was free and convenient! (as compared to the other boutique hotel I usually stay at around the corner which has a long valet line) The hotel had a Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar set up for pre-game with a band and big screen by the pool !! When I woke up to a cool morning, the hotel had a few guest bikes to borrow to ride around campus and see the downtown sights! The staff was attentive, friendly and always smiling..

All in all this hotel was super convenient and it is now my first choice for the crowded weekend trips.

If it was a quiet weekend with no crowd then I would consider going back to the Duval, which has been my favorite - but the crowded valet, restaurant, elevators, club etc... will keep me staying at the Sheraton Four Points for now.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer such great feedback to other Trip Advisor users. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and amenities and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Excellent location in the heart of Tally. I has recently been redone and it seems very clean. If you are looking for a place for a quick visit that is clean and in the heart of Tally this is a very good choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive feedback on our hotel's cleanliness. Our entire team takes great pride in keeping our facility clean and we are thrilled to know our guests are noticing! Thanks again for staying and we hope to see you again in the future.
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Tallahassee for the opening Florida State Football game on 9/1/12. I found the check in to be an easy process and our room was ready at 1pm. They also offered us shuttle service to and from the game, but then advised that we needed to book this in advance and the shuttles were already full. We checked in, went to our room to get settled and went out on the pool deck, which had a live band as well as hamburgers and beer available for lunch. Although we opted to drive over to the game, the hotel was about 1.5 miles away from the stadium, so walkable for sure. I found the rooms to be basic, but new and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
As football season draws to a close and we await the Orange Bowl next week, we wanted to acknowledge your kind words about our property amenities including our poolside tailgate, gameday shuttle and our staff providing our football fans a great experience. We are already looking forward to next season.....Go Noles!!
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Drove last night to this hotel for the FSU / Murray State game. Check in was a breeze, thank you to Camisha. She offered and signed us up for the complimentary game shuttle bus. After a few minutes in the room, Camisha did a follow-up phone call, nice personal touch. All was good. For breakfast, Samara took great care of us. The coffee was never empty, the empty plates were quickly removed. She gave us a few local tips. We had a great time walking around campus. Basically next to FSU campus. Now back at the clean suite to rest up. Ready for game time in 3 hours. Go Noles.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites for the night time and day time views of the campus area. Put on your walking...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so glad to hear we could get the first football weekend off to such a great start! We are ready for the Orange Bowl and for next season....Go Noles!!
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I spent two (2) nights at this hotel, while I was moving my daughter into her FSU dorm. I realize that they now refer to them as residence halls, but at $730 a month, for a 10 x10 box, I can call it what I want. Anyway, the hotel was a really good value, and ~ 3-5 mins away from the FSU campus. The positives were;
• Hotel room was very clean
• Large free parking lot
• Friendly staff
• Large T.V
• Nice pool area with brand new chair cushions
• Noon check out

the negatives:

• No in room safe
• Allow small pets
• No balconies
I would definitely return to this hotel for a short stay but not long term. I also ate at two very good restaurants. Kool Beanz and Bella Bella.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and stay away from rooms that end in 01. they are across from the elevators!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and cleanliness. I also wanted to let you know since staying with us we have added safes to every guest room! We truly value our guest's feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future!
Eagle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

You won't get lost trying to find this place! The rooms have been updated in the newest Four Points motif and are quite comfortable. The staff was most pleasant and accommodating. Lot's of things to do in the area- shop and dine. Free parking at a downtown hotel anywhere is a bonus.

Well done Four Points!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the positive review about our hotel's service and amenities. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Jupiter, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at the Four Points for the first time while moving my daughter from an apt. in Tallahassee to a sorority house for the fall semester. I found the staff to be extremely accomodating, genuine and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed and in good repair. The rate was reasonable by today's standards. Plenty of Parking, security, and amenities...tho I was kept so busy that I did not use anything but the ice machine...seriously. Location: easily accessible to most everything...the FSU campus, the downtown/Capital buildings...it's pretty much central Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Ice machines are on the 3rd, 6th and 11th floors. (ie...not on every floor). I would ask for a room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the positive feedback about our beds, security and our ample parking. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown? Share your experiences!