“Nice ... clean & comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Nice ... clean & comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Candlewood Suites are not my normal 'go to' hotels. But after this stay I'll definitely keep them in mind.

This location is very quiet, a little outside of down town Tallahassee, but turn left out of the parking lot and drive a few minutes and there are numerous restaurants and shops.

The room was extremely clean, the bed was very comfortable and the A/C worked well, if just a little noisy.

If this location fits your needs, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I always review hotels prior to a stay. Hard to find somewhere to sleep without getting the creeps with all the reports out there. This trip was only for one night and I was traveling alone. The hotel was clean and I felt safe. The suite was adequate for work and I love have a work area and a full kitchen if I want to heat something up. Down fall was no ice as you make your own once you arrive by turning on the ice maker in your full size frig/freezer. I asked for ice and the office stated they could provide me with some, but the time I returned from dinner there was already ice in the freezer. Toasted a bagel for breakfast and I was gone. Check in was easy and pleasant, the pool was nice and the bedding and towels met expectations. Shower did not drain quickly, but I reported it upon check out and they made a work report on the spot. No doubt this well maintained property will have it checked out and repaired. Although there is no free breakfast, this place is more of an extended stay type of facility so you can cook or go out to eat. I would return and look at other Candlewood suites at other locations based upon this experience. For the price it was a good experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 222. It was close to the exit stairwell and away from the elevator. I did not hear...
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites as a stop over during our vacation. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Having the kitchen was great for the food we had in the cooler overnight and being able to make breakfast in the room before leaving. The room was clean and updated.

While we didn't use them, the small things like having movies available to borrow would make for a nice longer stay.

I would definitely look at Candlewood suites again as we are traveling.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed here many times. Great establishment. The only drawback I have is their honor system for cupboard purchases.
I habitually check my charges every time I come home from a trip. This time I noticed a charge that I didn't make. The staff quickly resolved the issue, but a customer who doesn't pay attention could foot the bill for someone else's grub.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had been driving 16 hours and are IHG members. It was 11:30 and I decided to book online with IHG. Little did I know that we were about to cross into a new time zone. A few minutes later my clock changed and I thought to myself "I wonder if it changed my reservation?" Sure enough it had me checking in that Sunday at 3 pm in the afternoon. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Shannon. She was able to check and make sure she could change it in the system and made sure that they had that type of room still available. What a relief to my husband and I. We arrived about thirty minutes later and she had everything ready for us. I had asked if they had any upgrades available when I spoke to Shannon on the phone since IHG gives us upgrades when available. Sure enough she upgraded our room. While checking in I had mentioned that I appreciated her accommodating us so quickly and she said that she had only been there 3 weeks. I was shocked because she was so efficient. She even laughed at my husbands silly jokes at 1 am. I had forgotten that candlewoods have ice makers in the room and sometimes you have to wait a bit for the ice to make. When I returned the cart I asked Shannon if they happened to have a cup of ice in the office and she kindly went and got me a small sandwich bag of ice to take back to my room. Besides the fact that IHG properties are typically nice, clean, and comfortable, the staff that IHG usually hires are top notch. We travel all over the country for business and it's so pleasing to see stellar employees. Well done Shannon!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently stayed at the Tallahassee Candlewood suites for about ten days and I had very nice experience , Hotel is very nice and clean the only thing is the beds in my room, I think they were about the end of their life span, I have slept on better beds but overall it was good, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Very Quiet Place to Stay. Rooms are very clean, you would never know they allow pets. Comfy beds. Free Wi-Fi, Fitness Center & Guest Laundry. Pool & Grills to use for your convenience. Just off of I-10, 3 miles from Downtown. Many Restaurant's close by. Front Desk Staff Very Polite and Helpful. Sales Department goes out of their way. Housekeepers will help with any housekeeping needs you may have with a friendly smile. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I've stayed a few times now all rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Candlewood Suites Tallahassee? Share your experiences!