“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Palm Coast, Florida
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Candlewood suites offers very reasonable prices, but buyer beware! Your room is only entered by housekeeping weekly. If you need towels, you actually have to bring your SOILED towels to the front desk to get fresh ones. That just feels yucky to me. I also drink a lot of coffee, but you only get 1 pack for one mini pot. If you want more you have to purchase it. You can get 1 pack per day, but have to retrieve it yourself at the front desk. You also don't get any mini shampoo or lotion, so make sure you bring your own! There is also no breakfast, which is not quite clear on the website. There is a "pantry" , but the food is overpriced.
On the good side, the rooms are nice, pretty quiet, and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Try to get the third floor. First floor is near the parking lot, and could be loud.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear nboutot,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is very nice to know that you found the bed to be comfortable. on the other hand, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
TALLAHASSEE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when my AC went out and my apt was over 85 degrees. I was able to get a room at the last minute on a Friday night, and was able to bring my dog for a small fee ($25). They give you a magnet to put on the door indicating there is a pet in the room - which is I'm sure helpful so that housekeeping doesn't accidently let your pet escape!

The room was very nice, with a King size bed and kitchenette that included a full size refrigerator, microwave and range top. There were also plenty of dishes and a sink. Counters in the kitchen and bathroom were granite, and both were impeccably clean! The bed was comfortable, wireless internet was reliable, and the pool was very nice and clean as well. There are BBQ grills by the pool - I didn't use them, but it's a nice feature. The laundry facility was very nice - -and FREE!!! I got my laundry done while I was there and saved the $10-$20 I usually spend at the Laundromat. They have a small "store" that was well stocked, and fairly reasonably priced. The staff was great - the gentleman who checked me in was very friendly and accommodating. The only thing that would have made this hotel better would be a breakfast buffet.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Mississippi, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we've stayed here and it's where we'll stay next time we stop in Tallahassee. Very clean, we'll laid out, with a nice kitchen in the suites, including a full refrigerator. The $25 dollar pet fee is lower than any others in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Orlando at 0230, they did not have my reservation and I did have a reservation number , it was pouring down raining and when I asked if we could get in any other door after parking far from the entrance, I was told NO, had to use front door. So after my husband got soaking wet at 0300 in the morning we discovered the key did allow you to get in a back door . Thanks a lot. After a few hours sleep my husband is thankful there is a coffee pot in the room , but only to find out they did not re- supply the regular coffee pack and their is only a decaf pack. So down I have to go and get coffee pack . Would have been a worth 100$ stay if I would have been able to get more use of the room , but that us not their fault , hotels should offer 1/2 night stays, just saying .

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Gtauz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. We are deeply sorry to read that our services and hospitality were not up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and recommendations. We hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
mab06d
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel and had the best experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Contractors and project managers hanging out at the pool were very respectful and welcoming. Would definitely bring my family here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was introduced to the Tallahassee Candlewood Suites by a corporate consulting firm that specializes in large, and potentially long-term, projects. Previously I would have called myself a Hilton snob where I would stay for all other travel projects so I have pretty high standards. Since the moment I walked onto the property to check out the quality I have been nothing but impressed. The staff was welcoming and professional which immediately made me feel at ease. The rooms are spotless and crisp in design. The bed and bedding are high quality and super comfortable! Many hotels have staff that can easily fake a smile but here I have found a sincerity that is refreshing and warming! My full kitchen, minus a stove, is amazing even if I were just spending a weekend at the hotel. The attention to detail is really the kicker for me to solidify my position to recommend others to stay either short-term or long-term. As far as some of the posts on this thread that had a negative experience I would have to say that they experienced a rare exception to the norm. There are typically a few people socializing at the pool in the evening which are very eclectic in their backgrounds and professions. I have met people working for government agencies to parents on short trips to drop their new college age children off at a local university! It is impossible to create an environment that pleases everyone at all times but I would feel 100% comfortable having my elderly parents as well as people with a new or young child stay here for any length of time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is for extended stay contractors and business people. It is spotless--Clean, Clean, Clean. They have reasonable size rooms w/ kitchenettes and everything one would need for making simple in-room meals. Smallish TV, decent AC and clean bathrooms. They also have a snack room hat is stocked for most last minute essentials and a BBQ by the (very small) pool.
Unfortunately, most of the time we were there the area was occupied by beer drinking contractors or a little league tournament group.
The other issue is--no maid service or fresh towels unless you stay 7 days or more. Fine--but tell us in advance so we can make informed choices.
Overall, nice economical place but not quite what i expected.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator even though halls are not air-conditioned.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Farways2000,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I really appreciate that you found our property clean. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Tallahassee? Share your experiences!