“Touch of Class-Very Fine Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Provence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 667 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: A La Provence offers Classic French Cuisine in an elegant, refined style. We specialize in Fresh Seafood and Hand-Cut all Natural Beef. Our service is precise, professional and attentive.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Touch of Class-Very Fine Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Although I'm still searching for that elusive 5 star restaurant, this is as close as I've come. A group of us went for lunch looking for a place where we could have a quiet conversation over a lovely meal. This was just the place. Everyone was delighted with their entrées. Chicken crepes with vegetables, crab cakes and mahi mahi. The waiter was very attentive although there were not many patrons while we were there. French press coffee and the petite crème brulee was the perfect ending. The cost was only a dollar or two more than one of those oft frequented chain restaurants. Will definitely return for dinner and just maybe find that 5 star dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tallahassee, Florida
“Great chef, romantic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were looking for a romantic quiet candle lit corner and good food to celebrate 31 years of wedded bliss. We hadn't visited this restaurant in a while and were in for a very pleasant treat. We started with a glass of champaign along with a bottle of Mersault. Our appetizer was lightly breaded fresh okra with a cheese topping. Delicious. The caesar salad and hot fresh bread along with an olive/olive oil spread went well with the Mersault while we waited for our entrees. Our waiter was on the ball and our entrees were quickly served. The quail/duck breast was excellent. I wish I knew how to duplicate the full moist tenderness in quail. The gravy was to die for. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her mahi mahi. We were there on a Friday night and there were plenty of open tables. Considering the excellent food, the wine and the great service, this was a mystery. Folks around Tallahassee need to give this place a try. This is one of Tallahassee's finest restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ga
“Upscale and quality food with super atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Filet was wonderful, waiter very efficient and courteous. Pricey, but well worth it! This is a popular restaurant with the local.

Visited April 2014
South Kent, Connecticut
“Quirky Old-fashioned French”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Interesting and sometimes quirky twists on French cuisine await here. The surroundings are kind of fuddy-duddy, but pleasant enough. But the food is really unusual for its kind. For example, how often do you find a duo of lamb chops and quail, or lamb and pork pate with pickled okra? It's well worth the trip to this strip mall for some adventuresome dining.

Visited March 2014
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Look hard to find this excellent restaruant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was recently in Tallahassee for business and wanted to try something different from the other restaurants in town. This was my first visit to A la Provence but I will return when in town again. The only problem I had was locating it in the first place. My GPS took me to the general area but I had to call the restaurant to get its actual location. It is located beside/behind a liquor store and in a strip mall type area and cannot be seen from the roadway. Go into the parking lot and get out to look around if you must. The location was not what I expected. I did however go into the restaurant and was glad that I did so. Service was top notch and I enjoyed the artistry and taste of everything I ate. I did regret ordering the rib eye rather than the filet due to the fat content but it was delicious. I ordered a la carte but would suggest consideration of the prix fixe menu to save a few dollars.

• Visited March 2014