“Unauthorized/ Fraudulent billing! Avoid.” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Unauthorized/ Fraudulent billing! Avoid.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Wow. I've never experienced this before. We recently stayed for 3 nights. When I returned home, I found the "correct" charge on my card and 2 unauthorized charges. I called and spoke to a "manager", who said he could not find one of the unauthorized charges in his system (he insisted it was not from the hotel) and that the other was an error and he would credit. Instead of crediting, he charged my account AGAIN. When I called back, he said my bank had screwed up and he did not charge it again. He said he was the highest person available that could help me and my only recourse was to investigate with my Bank. I contacted the bank, all of these charges are indeed from the hotel, and I'm sure this will eventually be cleared up via the Bank's claim process. There is something seriously wrong where the highest "manager" cannot see unauthorized charges to my card and does not know the difference between how to make a credit or debit to my account. Not to mention he was rude to me about the whole process.

The hotel itself is nothing special. The room was small and run down. Chipped tile in bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We are truly sorry for all the confusion and appreciate the opportunity to work with your bank to get this all cleared up. Due to all the banking regulations and controls, we are at their mercy when it comes to releasing of the authorization. Again, I'm extremely happy that your bank was able to work everything out.

I do appreciate your feedback as it helps us to keep improving where we need too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's always a pleasure to stay here. The rooms are large & immaculate. The beds are extremely comfortable. The price is reasonable and the staff is always friendly and accommodating. It's a 5 minute drive to the Capital and 8 minutes to FSU. Shopping, restaurants and movie theaters are right around the corner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family. We appreciate all the kind words and can't wait to see you again!
Southern States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you look away quick you will miss this place, as it is on a feeder road behind banks of mature trees. Nice exterior, fresh paint, well maintained. I was greeted warmly and quickly o my way to room with advance reservations. I was given a "studio", which is the same as a room with couch and micro fridge. The room was spacious and clean, dreaded red bedspead. The bed felt firm tome, but when my eyes eight hours later, I felt fine! There are 4 standard, lucious pillows, dense and moldable, perfect! The breakfast area was well stocked, attractively arranged, nt looking like a feeding trough. No issues arose during stay. If I had people in next rooms, I heard nothng. A great stay, when in area give this place a try.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback! We hope to see you again, when you are back in town!
broxton, g
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were traveling early the next morning from TLH and over-nighted aat Comfort Suites. The staff was very friendly and even prepared to go "breakfast" bags for us the next morning. Rooms were large and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast to go bags!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stopped on the way back from South Florida based on Internet rates shown. They met that rate. Room was larger than most two queens; clean and bed was comfortable. Nice quiet area close to Capital. Access to interstate is a few miles but easy.

• Stayed July 2013
Paresh M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed our large suite size room.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Not real close to the highway but a great proximity to the Capitol and FSU. In fact if when you pull out of the parking lot into Apalachee Pkwy, your windshield is filled with view of the Capitol Buildings both old and new. Some retail just across the way and several dining options like Ghengis Grill, Chili's, and Applebee's just a few blocks away.

Our room was very clean and comfortable for two adults and two kids. There was a nice little desk in the room for the wife to work on her road trip blog while the kids played in the floor and on the couch. The kids hardly moved a bit while sharing the sofa bed and while I'm not sure a big guy like me would have gotten anything but a sore rib cage on that thing, I slept fine on the king size bed. I imagine the folks in the room below us probably thought the ceiling was going to cave in a time or two, but we never heard a sound from anyone around us.

The staff were all very friendly and the service was very good. When we arrived the Internet was not working. I called the front desk and they were already working on it. They had it back up about half an hour later and the signal was fairly strong throughout the rest of our stay. They do not store linens for the sofa bed in the room but were happy to bring some up to us at our request. The front desk attendant must have sprinted up the three flights stairs to our room because I had barely hung up the phone before he knocked on the door.

I took the kids swimming for about 20 minutes and the pool seemed to be up to their standards for such. The continental breakfast was good with such offerings as scrambled eggs, bacon, cook your own waffles, and a variety of breads, cereals, milk and juices.

It's definitely worth the 7 mile drive from I-10 into the heart of town, to stay at this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed July 2013
We are extremely happy that your family enjoyed your stay with us. Road trips are very exciting and we are glad that we were part of your experience this summer.

Sierra Vista, Arizona, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Am a Choice Privileges member and have stayed in several Comfort Suites over the years. The reception staff was excellent, helpful and informative. Rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are comfortable. The thing I didn't like was the bed covers, a little too heavy for this time of year. Breakfast was the usual, not great, not bad but good enough to get your day started. I'd stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Paresh Master
Comfort Suites Tallahassee

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!