“Comfortable and Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 59 hotels in Tallahassee
“Comfortable and Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The Comfort Suites met my needs as I was touring Tallahassee and FSU with my 3 children. Hotel is centrally located where you can easily get to downtown or the FSU area. There are restaurants across from this hotel including an Olive Garden and a strip mall.

• Stayed April 2013
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I trust your tour of our great city was wonderful. I have shared your comments with our team and we hope when you come back to Tallahassee, you visit us again.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St. Pete Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I try to stay at Comfort Suites in general, as I have found they usually give a good room for a mid range price. This one is hard to recommend. It's not awful, but you will find run down details everywhere. On the plus side, you will also see where they are trying to fix things up everywhere. For example, in the room I am in, the carpeting is worn by the entry door, but there is fresh paint, a nice new bed, and a newish big TV. It's also clean, and they seem to take security seriously. Don't hesitate to stay here - but don't go out of your way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Passing thru and needed an overnight stay on our way home. Check in was without incident, front desk clerk polite and efficient. Room was clean; bath clean and well supplied; a/c had room comfortable; wifi speed was excellent. Bed was great, comfortable like home. Only complaint was internal noises from rooms above and beside, like water pipes that were extremely loud; also, voices in the hall were easily heard. However, about midnight all was quiet even though two bus loads of college kids were there from NC. Several restaurants were nearby and convenient. We ate at Chili's just a couple of blocks away. Breakfast was good for contentinal type. Waffles (always my favorite), scambled eggs in the form of little pancakes (thin and kinda like 'pretend' eggs), sausage, and the usual cereals plus fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt, juices, toast and sweet rolls. Kitchen area was clean and well kept. The attendant was pleasant and kept things refilled even with a room full of young people. Overall, a good place to stay with great rates. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Paresh M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your review!

We hope to see you soon.

Paresh Master
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel fell short of my expectations after reading the reviews. There was nothing terrible about it, but nothing great either. The 2 issues I had was that our bathtub didn't have a drain stopper, so I was unable to bathe my small child. The person at the front desk did try to find one from other rooms but couldn't remove it. I did not ask to be moved since we'd already unpacked and he didn't offer. The other issue was that there was a black hair in the tub, on the blanket and under the bottom sheet (I had lifted the sheet to place a waterproof pad in case my recently nighttime potty trained child had an accident during the night)

Pros: Good central location, A/C worked great, comfortable bed, well-lit parking lot
Cons: items above, hot & musty in halls, VERY small pillows, light in the bathroom had noisy fan that you couldn't turn off

It was adequate for our 1 night stay but next time I visit Tallahassee I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paresh M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. First of all, I did address this situation with both my housekeeping and maintenance department regarding the missing bath tub stopper. We were surprised too that it was missing in that particular room. As they are securely placed in the drain, which is why we could not remove it from another tub. I do apologize about it.

Secondly, I'm very surprised about the hair in three different places, but I will assure you that we have reviewed the room cleanliness procedure and made sure that all of our staff are aware of the importance of it. I assure you that if you were to give us another chance, we would convince you from "Just OK" to "Just Great!"

Once again, I do appreciate your feedback and if you get a chance, I would love to discuss this matter in detail. My number is (850) 224-3200.

Paresh Master
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Quick overnight trip. Rooms were nice, clean. Nice breakfast. Staff was very friendly. We had an end room, away from ice machines, elevators and any hallway traffic. We stayed at this hotel a few years ago also and we'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at this CS because my daughter was in the hospital and this hotel was the closest I could find. When I checked in, the front desk accommodated me with the best rate she could offer and was very helpful and sympathetic to my situation. The next morning when I was catching a quick breakfast before going back to the hospital, the breakfast attendant that was there when I checked in ask me how my daughter was doing.....what a caring and courteous staff!!! The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. This will now be my new home when I am visiting Tallahassee!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Southcentral Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

The bed and pillows were fabulous! The room was spacious and just what we needed after a long day of riding the motorcycle. We were really hit as well so the clean but crispy swimming pool was great, too! Founda good Chinese restuarant close by, too. The hotel clerk was also fantanstic! He made sure everything was excellent! We will stay again on our return trip! The next one is free as we are participating in stay 2 separate times get one free!

• Stayed October 2012
Paresh M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your feedback and hope to see you soon!

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!