“Wonderful Hotel;” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Athens, Georgia
“Wonderful Hotel;”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews from my fellow tripadvisor colleagues. I was very happy with this decision. Just walking into the room was a breath of fresh air. It was bright and colorful, unlike drab, ordinary hotel rooms I have unfortunately come to accept. The beds were comfy and the television was adequate. One major plus is that the toilet and the shower are in separate "rooms" so one person can use one without inconveniencing others in the party.
The lobby was very bright and spacious, the business center was up to date and user friendly. Ashley at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The frontdesk is stocked with refreshments that range from water and soda to beer and lean cuisines. The items are quite expensive though.
I usually prefer to stay in the I-10/Thomasville Road area so this location is a little far out for my plans in Tallahassee but it is very close to Governor's Square Mall and the Capital Circle loop. This hotel was worth the drive and has become my preferred hotel in Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Based on previous reviews I would recommend 2nd floor or higher. However, I have no experience on t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tamcc655, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Mr. LutherMc,

I hope this finds you well, and thank you for your detailed feedback. We are glad to know that all of our ammenities are meeting your standards, and we have become your favorite place to stay. In addition, we have just reconfigured our entire breakfast setup with more variety and healthy options; look out for it on your next trip and let me know your thoughts. Also, I acknowledge your concerns on the pantry items, so next time you're here, I'll be happy to give you one free pantry item myself. Also, feel free to let me know about any other experiences you may have in the future. We will keep up the good work, and if there is anything we need to fix, we would like to hear about it. Have a great weekend and thank you for choosing us!

Ruben De Leon
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I believe I was in room 101, past the lobby to the left. I was right next to some type of boiler room, and it kept making noises. Other than that, the place is great.
They did not put me on the first floor before making sure I was OK with that. The staff were very friendly, rooms are new and modern. I did not eat any breakfast, but the coffee was good. And the lobby is decorated nicely. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 101 was loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprise with this hotel. I checked out late in the evening and wanted to buy something light to eat. I asked them if they had some fruit for purchase ... there was none but one of the girls said that she could get me one from the kitchen as apples are a breakfast food. The girls on duty were very friendly - too bad I can't remember their names. The room was clean and updated. The bed very comfortable. The next morning I went to get breakfast and it was very good. A good selection of varied items. There were many families with small children and all seemed very happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Birchwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Large rooms with kingsize bed, with premium bedding. The bathroom is spa like with selectable shower head setting. We have stayed here several times, especially when we can find a good special rate.....Friendly staff with a good continental breakfast, Its very quiet also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way down to Orlando. It was a very nice property, with clean rooms and courteous staff. It was nice that the suites had two bathroom areas....one with a toilet and sink, and one with a shower and sink. Made it much easier to get ready in the morning. However, the doors were these funky sliding doors with frosted glass. So if someone gets up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, it will light the whole room up! So not good if you are a light sleeper. I would recommend either bringing a small night light (my mother in law always has one in her travel bag, and now I know why, they come in handy from time to time!!) or, do like I did, and use your cell phone to light your way. I had no interest in waking up my kids and husband. If they could fix the bathroom doors, this would be a 5 star review. Also had a decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Bring a night light, those bathroom doors are a scandal!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice hotel. Clean, good customer service. However no restaurant or bar on the grounds. Nice pool. Plenty of shops and restaurants in the vicinity. Very close to the universities and downtown. Easy access to main roads and not far from the highway.

Room Tip: No restaurant or bar in the hotel. Rooms are a nice size. Small refrigerator in room. Stayed on sec...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night in the SpringHill Suites on the way to a beach resort in the FL Panhandle. We arrived late and had a relatively short stay in the hotel. The staff was helpful and courteous, finding open restaurants for us at 10:30 at night. The hotel sits on a busy thoroughfare. Our room faced the main road, but we heard little (or no) noise.

The room is very well laid out with a modern look to it. Upon entering we faced a small kitchenette with a mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. The desk area is large with an appropriate amount of power outlets for recharging all of your devices. There is a large, comfortable sitting area where one can work and even have small meetings with business associates. The bedroom area is large with a spacious closet in the corner. Our room had a small water closet (toilet) with sink, separate from the shower area which also had its own sink. This was quite handy for the two of us getting ready in the morning. Overall the room is comfortable, pleasing, and functional.

Having waxed poetically about the room, my wife and I had a few nits to pick, hopefully for Marriott to read.. One is that they have no towel bars in the bath area. They do have two hooks, mounted high on the wall. These hooks are sufficient to hold a towel but do not provide a convenient location for a hand towel or wash cloth.

If you prefer to have a light on at night for the loo, you may want to bring your own night light. Doors to both the water closet and shower room are made of frosted glass which really lights up the bedroom if you leave a light on in either.

Except for the small inconveniences mentioned above, this is an attractive, comfortable room that is great value for the money. If we are back in the area, we would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central? Share your experiences!